WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hi there, greatings for all composers, sound designers and musicians of this group.

My name is Jorge Pallares Catalan and I am Doctor in Composition and Musicology by the University of Edinburgh. I am composer and sound designer and I am continuously composing for new projects. Right now I am creating a jazz-rock big band repertoire as well as composing for a couple of short movies and starting soon with a video-game. At the same time I teach music in the International school of Amsterdam.

Here you can listen and see some of my works for your reference (really appreciated the feedback).

https://jorgepc81.wixsite.com/crimsonvibe/blank

I really look forward to exploring and enjoying the most of this group.

Best.

Jorge

5 Likes

Hi there,
I have seen your introduction to the group. I would be delighted to co-work with another composer if you are up to it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best.

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I am very happy to hear that. And that would be a great opportunity for me.
And I listened to your tracks. Most of them I like and those are amazing.

Please let me know how can I join you. Iā€™ll do my best.

Best of luck!

BR,

Thushara

Welcome Thushara! :slight_smile:
Thatā€™s very cool that you do so many different creative professional fields. But are you not getting overwhelmed by doing all that yourself?

I hope you will enjoy this community of composers, and that you take part in the discussions so we can all learn, share and grow our knowledge together.

Sincerely
Mikael ā€œMikeā€ Baggstrƶm

1 Like

Welcome Jorge, great to have you join us! :slight_smile:
I hope you will enjoy this community, and will connect with fellow composers, join the discussions etc.

PS. Based on your impressive background and experience I just added you to the VIP Network of this forum, which is a private area dedicated to professional networking/business.

This mean you should now be able to see ā€œVIP Networkā€ as a section at the top of the forum. Please take a minute to read the pinned welcome post in that section, and introduce yourself to your fellow professionals in music! :slight_smile:

EspaƱol? Bienvenido

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the opportunity youā€™re giving us.

Yes, sometimes I am getting overwhelmed. But. I can manage and do my best for all my clients.

Exactly I am enjoying be a part of this community of composers, Yes, lets grow together.

BR,
Thushara

3 Likes

Hola Vicente,

Si, EspaƱol. Gracias por el mensaje.

Un saludo y nos vemos por aquĆ­.

Hasta pronto.

J

Hi Thushara,

I am looking for projects to join and I am working on some individual ones.

Hopefully soon I will need some help from other composers, but not just yet.

Letā€™s be in touch.

Best.

Jorge

1 Like

Hi Jorge,
Definitely, I am here. Let me know when you need someone. I will do my best.

BR,
Thushara

hi everyone, iā€™m ismael, from Bolivia, i study music since 2014 and my goal is to be a composer for tv, film and videogames :slight_smile:
i started as a classical guitarist but the world of composition and media got me fascinated
i wanna say thanks to mike for all the good vibe that he shares with us!

4 Likes

Welcome Ismael, Iā€™m glad you joined us in the composer community! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your kind words, and you can be 100% certain that this ā€œgood vibeā€ is something I personally uphold in this community. There is zero tolerance for trolls, spam, or any disrespectful in here. We are all ā€œladies and gentlemenā€ composers, and one big family in this forum. I hope you will see and feel this kindness and warm, friendly vibe when you become active in the discussions etc! :smiley:

Sincerely

2 Likes

Hi Mike - Hi everyone! Just discovered this group from one of Mikeā€™s videos and Iā€™m excited to pop in and say hi :slight_smile: - Thank you for this community, itā€™s looking great already!

Ok, about me a littleā€¦ Iā€™m a composer of fantasy, epic, cinematic, world and hybrid music, born from a love of movies, video games and D&D. Iā€™m a very thematic composer who loves melody, harmony and a big sound. Iā€™m on a journey of self learning and discovery in an amazing world of music.

I was never pushed into music as a kid or as an adult, especially with a poor background. Instead my love for movie scores, game and TV soundtracks, technology and funnily enough, Dungeons & Dragons helped me to decide what I could do with composing. Self taught with many influences, I can turn my hand to an array of differing styles, moods and genres.

I started creating music properly just over 3 years ago. My very first, full length, finished track (Ride of the Rose) surprised me so much with what I was potentially capable of, that i began to look into it seriously. Whilst that track is, of course very poorly mixed by todayā€™s standards, and not without itā€™s silly mistakes (such as not allowing the brass section to breath lol), the actual composition basics were there. It was a fun track that fit a D&D character that it was made for, and it had an effect on me. I could do this!

I love the fact that Iā€™m still learning every day, and I know that Iā€™ll still be learning and discovering something new - musically until the day I pop my clogs - and that, to me is amazing. I crave criticism and advice, and will help others to the best of my ability if I can. Music is the creation of something from nothing, and that is a gift we all have a shared love for.

Canā€™t wait to discover what Iā€™ll be composing in the years to come. Hope to see you for the ride :slight_smile:

KJ (aka KJee Music)

6 Likes

Welcome Derek! :slight_smile:
Glad to see a fellow old school nerd join us (I also used to play RPGs like D&D etc.). I was also influenced by computer games like Baldurā€™s Gate, Neverwinter Nightsā€¦and overall by the fantasy RPG genre.

We all learn every day, and with art and music there is no limit or end game to our journey! :smiley:

PS. I hope you choose to stay with us, and consider bookmarking this forum website.

Sincerely
Mike

3 Likes

Hi, All. Iā€™m a retired computer programmer and massage therapist (itā€™s a right-brain/left-brain oscillation thing, I guess) exploring music creation as a hobbyist, grateful to be able to join a professional composition forum, in order to further my explorations of composition, production, and sound design. Iā€™ve been focused on EDM-style music but enjoy ambient and cinematic styles as well.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome Nik, very interesting combination of professional work youā€™ve had. Interestingly I went to university majoring in computer science, but my number one passion is creative work (music, video, media). Yet I still love to read about science, technology etc. :slight_smile:

I hope you become an active member of this ā€œfellowship of composersā€ as I like to call this community. Thereā€™s monthly ā€œmusic challengesā€, and also a dedicated section to post compositions for feedback. And of course, sections to ask pretty much anything that matters for music composition and production.

Sincerely

1 Like

Hi Mikael, how are you doing?

yeah, I actually mix the worlds, and i also like hybrid string soundsā€¦ nowadays you can write so much music it is insane, you only need time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool, reminds me of Brian Tyler (one of my favorite modern composers). He has a DJ Career on top of being an AAA composer! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mike. Yes, it a wonderful time for us ā€œbicameralā€ types, since technology has become deeply intertwined with creativity. I look forward to assessing (and furthering) my understanding of composition through participating in this forum, and I promise to keep my newbie questions to a minimum.

3 Likes

so true! Best thing about creativity is, that grows exponential the more ideas you get, thats why we all are here,

Have fun,
Michael

2 Likes