WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hello Composers! :smiley:
My name is Mike, and I want to welcome you this community & forum for Music Composers, Producers and Sound Designers. Please start by introducing yourself in a reply to this post! :smiley:

Tips for you to Get Started

• Bookmark this Website
  • Write an introduction of yourself below
  • Join the discussions, start new topics, reply to topicsā€¦have fun!

Watch my Introduction Video

The Main Rules of the Community

• Always be a nice person (even when arguing)! :slight_smile:
  • You must include at least your real first name in your profile
  • Focus on sharing value and helping composers
  • Never spam or self-promote
  • No simple Link-dropping! Every post should provide value in text
  • Posting your music is only allowed in the ā€œYour Musicā€ category
  • No cursing, yelling or any disrespectful behavior
  • No arrogance, elitism and know-it-all attitude
  • Donā€™t post unless you are going to be part of the discussion
  • Emojis/Emoticons in Titles are reserved for Admins only

Do you have any questions, feedback or simply want to say some kinds words about the forum? Do so in a reply to this post below.

I wish you a warm welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

You can find me here:
My Website
My YouTube Channel
My Online Courses

Listen to my Music Portfolio on SoundCloud (please share your music in your introduction too).

I wish you all great success on your journey in music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael ā€œMikeā€ Baggstrƶm
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

Studio%20Time%20with%20Mike

20 Likes

Alright, I will introduce myself first, and then I am looking forward to read your introduction as a composer! :smiley:

My name is Mike, and I am a composer, producer and sound designer from Sweden. I am also an online educator in the music niche, with a YouTube Channel, Website, Online Courses etc.

I have composed music since 1998, started mainly with EDM, Beats, Rock etc. but today I focus almost 100% on cinematic music in all styles and moods.

You can find me on:

My Website for Composers
My YouTube Channel for Composers
My Online Courses for Composers

Listen to my Music Portfolio on SoundCloud (please share your music in your introduction too) :slight_smile:

I wish you all great success on your journey in music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

10 Likes

Hi there,

My name is Rogier van Gemert.
I compose/design/arrange music and soundscapes since many many years. (i had musical training for many years, mainly modern composition and piano)
Used to solely do electronic music in the vein of Vangelis, Jarre and the likes. (the more ambient style, no dance)
Since recent years, i am more attracted to classical/orchestral music. (but then the more applied variants, for e.g. film, radio or events)
Bought myself some orchestral sample libraries to get started with, learned some orchestration techniques as wellā€¦ all to transition ā€œsmoothlyā€ into this orchestral/classical composing/producing.

So stepping away from the synthesizers only approach, to the more classical (with some synths when suited) way of making music. I do like this alot.

I was a semi professional musician in the past, earning money doing soā€¦ however, since late i am working in IT, and doing music as a hobby. No pressure delivering music, and suchā€¦ just go in the pace i likeā€¦ :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Great introduction Rogier, and thank you for joining. :slight_smile:

Btw, I forgot to mention, feel free to link to your music here. I am curious myself to be honest! :smiley:

Sincerely,

4 Likes

Greetings people of the internet!

-Iā€™m gonna do it short.

My name is Sigurd JĆøhnk-Jensen, and i (as the lucky buggee i am) work fulltime as a freelance composer/musician.

Iā€™ve compose music for film, tv, video games, and film trailers.

Working with mostly indie films, and games, iā€™ve recently been getting work for bigger titles, while also getting signed up to trailer music publishers Redcola Music, and Short Story Collective, which deliver music for all the hollywood film and game trailers. Trailer music has been my main focus the last year, busting out a lot of my own albums for them, and contributing to some of their albums.

When iā€™m not at hope in the studio, i tour around Europe as the drummer in a bunch of different bands :).

(That website needs a serious update, but luckily iā€™m to busy to do it at the moment).

Have a nice day!

8 Likes

Oh awesome, I love epic and trailer music (among many cinematic genres to be honest) =)

Really cool that you do this full time, and I can understand your shift of focus towards trailer music (seems to be one of the few niches with good money for licensing still out there).

Haha, loved your final comment in parenthesisā€¦good mindset! :wink:

Sincerely,

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Iā€™ve been involved in audio since 1980 BC (before computers) ā€¦ from the days of tape media ā€¦ my background is communications engineering everything from submarine to satellite and broadcastingā€¦so audio was just a career extension ā€¦ I have a ā€œsmall humble home studioā€ (Mike will call me out on that). And Iā€™m a better engineer then composer . I hope to improve my compositional skills with the help of the forumā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œBefore Computersā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

• The nerd in my canā€™t stop laughing, so true!

Welcome Keith, I am so happy to have you on board. Your technical knowledge will be greatly appreciated. Btw, can you edit your introduction to include a link to your music? Either a portfolio or one of your favorite compositions? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep ive got a mess of stuff on soundcloud ā€¦ill sort it out

2 Likes

Hi there, my name is Siegfried, I am a musician, teacher and composer from Germany.
I am singer in a Powermetal-band, teacher for vocals/guitar, and since a few years I started seriously to learn how to compose for movies, games and libraries.
If you like music that is not only epic and cinematic but also sometimes from synthesizer to medieval/renaissance, then you can find some of my work here:

Looking forward to sharing our experience within this community! .

5 Likes

My friend Siegfried! =)

Perfect introduction, and your music portfolio for us to check out. ā€œWarmasterā€ is amazing, that dark atmosphere with the focused beat in the percussion, and the choirs. Especially like the ā€œshoutsā€. Love it! =)

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you so much, my friend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, and thanks for updating your profile picture. I think it makes the community better if members have a picture. =)

1 Like

Hey all, My name Geoff evans and Iā€™m a composer based in North Wales. I compose all sorts reallyā€¦ any genre imaginable but my personal favourites are paddy pianoesque music and hybrid trailer orchestral music.

Speciality subjects include composition and songwriting, audio editing, acousmatic composition (including any audio manipulation), foly and industry advice.

I also enjoy long walks, Rugby, comics, films playing my instruments, writing cheesy songs just for fun and generally being an accurate representation of myself.

My background is in film and Tv music and a lot of producery stuff such as recording bands and creating high quality products for clients :slight_smile:

Iā€™m very sarcastic so if I say a joke you donā€™t understand just ignore meā€¦ Iā€™m just full of sad jokes, not a father yet but apparently my humour hasnā€™t got that memo.

So anyways, HI EVERYONE!

3 Likes

Greetings my friend! =)

• Ehmā€¦Geoffrey (checked your profile). Mind updating your introduction to include your first name? Because my vision is for this community to have more friendly family-like atmosphereā€¦a fellowship of composers. =)

Great introduction. I actually start EVERY day with a 30 min walk. Itā€™s super refreshing, air, exercise, natureā€¦before I go into the cave = studio :stuck_out_tongue:

Bad humor with well intent is always appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi fellow composers.

My name is Adrian Earnshaw and I have been composing electronic music since the 90ā€™s starting out on the humble Atari 520 ST. I now have small recording setup, which I like to look at as clean and minimal. I have provided music to a number of libraries whilst working part-time in a regular day job.

Mikael will call me out if I donā€™t mention that I also play the pipe organ (hands and feet in harmony, well most of the time) and run a small choir of 20 or so adults. I have composed a number of pieces for this choir and love the world of music theory.

You can catch some of my music on SoundCloud at https://www.soundcloud.com/biodiode and also on my website at https://www.biodiode.com

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

3 Likes

Welcome Adrian! =)
Aaahā€¦the Atari days. I was on Amiga 500 myself, but I still feel the nostalgia :wink:

I still canā€™t believe how hard it must be to play notes with your feet at the same time as the keyboard.

I recommend everyone to check out Adrianā€™s space influenced music compositions and go on a journey in time and space!

Sincerely,
Mike

2 Likes

Hi my name is Brian Jilg (The G is silent) and I have been writing music since the early 90s on a 486 DX2/66 Mhz with 8 mb of ram. I plodded along just doing stuff occassionally until about 5 years ago when my wife started working on her masters and she was looking at me likeā€¦ soā€¦ what are you doing to improve yourself??? I took the hint and at about that time I started to really notice epic music and trailers. I set about to start learning about VSTs and really learning to use Cubase effectively.

By career I am an IT guy and have a decent job. I know in about 13 years, my wife will be retiring from her job and we will see where we are. My goal is to be able to retire close to then as well and have built up my music business enough to retire on and probably run a one man PC repair business. (easy money for me). So it is a long term plan.

Right now I have been almost a year fully engaged in Pond5, and am pleased with it. I did not expect to make a lot of sales but I do expect to grow my sales going into a second year. I will start looking to add to other libraries as well. The next step will be to engage businesses in my area to see if I can help them out. I may have to come with a full bag of skills, such as video editing and photography as well, but I am okay with that. I enjoy doing what I am doing now, it is easy to manage and not stressful. Enough of that at my day job.

Well I look forward to chatting with everybody and hope you have an awesome day! We can help each other out with new ideas and concepts, not just the musical side, but the business side of things as well.

Cheers!

Brian

Brian Jilg Website

Brian Jilg Youtube

Brian Jilg Soundcloud

Instagram you can find me @brianjilgmusic AND @brianjilgphotos
(still learning how to use it effectively)

3 Likes

Super glad to have you here Brian, welcome! =)

Oh, Pond 5 is working for you? I only ever uploaded one track as a test, and I liked the interface, process etc. But I never took the time to do more. I suspect non-exclusive libraries will never be enough to make a full time living though so I am aiming for the big boy club of licensingā€¦Extreme Music here we comeā€¦ehmā€¦some day! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey guys Iā€™m akshay sreeram, a composer based in India,Iā€™ve been only into music for just about three years now, been working hard and for the last two years Iā€™ve been focusing on cinematic music, epic music and trailer music

dropped out of college in 2016 to join a music tech school, but sadly I got a scammed as they taught nothing that they said they would, from then on it was just a good wifi connection and online courses and yt videos that taught

In 2018 i got into atom music audio and did two tracks them and from last November I have been focusing in trailer music and a few months back got into RSM and Giant apes, a big career milestone for me. Trying hard to make good trailer tracks and get them signed, and hopefully get a placements soon

Hope to learn a lot from this group and thanks for having me here

:smile:

1 Like