WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hi Paul! Welcome!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Greetings
My name is Marco Marini. Iā€™m 25 from Italy and since I was 17 I have compose music. I am particular interested in composing music for Soundtracks and Musicals, and I even received some commissions from animation students and little theaters. My goal is to be a complete producer, improving in mixing and mastering of tracks, my Achillesā€™ heel. See you soon
M.M.

5 Likes

Hello Marco and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:
Please go into your profile and update your name to Marco Marini, so that everyone can see your real name when we discuss and write to each other. You can still have your MM Soundtracks as your username/alias of course.

Congratulations for your success with animation and theater music already, I am sure you will reach your goals if you continue working towards them! :smiley:

Sincerely
Mikael ā€œMikeā€ Baggstrƶm

2 Likes

I will definitely check him out! thanks :slight_smile:

I am actually a concert pianist and I Play Chopin mostly, so I got a rare glimpse on musicā€¦ and than i learned of cubase and i thought, this is the time to make electronicā€¦
and afterwards I wanted to go back to the roots of great music, and I found it in the epic orchestral genre :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello? Iā€™m TED LEE from Korea. I am a university professor in Korea and my major is Chemical Engineering. I started to be interested in composing five months ago, but I have little music experience and need a lot of help. Currently I am getting a lot of help from your YouTube channel. We are also looking forward to your advice in this community.
There are some beginner songs I have made in SOUNDCLOUD . It is still difficult to distinguish the genre, but I would appreciate it if you listen.

4 Likes

Hello Lee and welcome, I hope you will find this forum a great place to connect, learn/share, ask questions, start discussions etc. As you can see there are different sections dedicated to all important main topics for music composers.

Since you just started I would recommend you to study the fundamentals first: chords/harmony, scales, rhythm etc.

I think you have made good progress already from listening to your tracks, but as you know, studying is the key to truly improve in any field.

Sincerely

1 Like

Love the Squirrels tale, I had your list playing as I scrolled down reading others introductions, its a fine tune!

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

My name is Luca, from Italy.

I have studied piano for like 8 years as a Kid but it was a really long time ago. Whatā€™s more Iā€™ve never been tought a lot of things as my teachers always concentrated more on having me play scripts instead of explaining theory and such so I can say Iā€™m very new to music composition and have a very long way to go.

I am an indie game developer ā€œin trainingā€ and musical composition is a skill I had to pick up eventually so here I am, knowing that itā€™s going to be another very long jurney.

As you can tell my goal is to compose my own music for my own gamesā€¦ as of now I canā€™t compose anything ā€œdecentā€ but with efford and determination Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be able to eventually pick up the skill :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll see you all in the community!

Luca

4 Likes

Welcome Svalinn, I must say that it is interesting to see someone who wants his games to be 100% homemade by also creating the music! What types of games do you create?

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

At the moment Iā€™m not really doing ā€œfull gamesā€ā€¦ I did some jam games (Jams are like events were youā€™re given a theme and you have a specific amount of itmeā€¦ the ones I did had a 2 days time limit, to create something) and I keep studying many different aspects of game developmentā€¦ from story telling to pixel art to coding, game design, etc etcā€¦

My Girlfriend is an artist (art school) and out goal is to have a little ā€œhome based studioā€ with her doing art and animation and me doing the rest and as such I figured even if perhaps in the future it will be vaiable to hire someone for soundtracks or other jobsā€¦ we need to be able and do ā€œeverythingā€ā€¦ you know, in case something comes upā€¦ but also to better understand the work other people are doing :slight_smile:

In order to answer your questionā€¦ at the moment I did some 2d sidescroller games for jamsā€¦ and Iā€™m kind of working on a first ā€œMore seriousā€ projects of turning one of the small ones into a complete ones as a form of training :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Luca, very cool to have a game developer in the community. Perhaps you can give some insights into the music/visual aspects of games, sound design elements etc. There are many in here who would love to compose music for games for a living! :slight_smile:

Sincerely

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m not THAT expert yet but stillā€¦ if itā€™s something I can be useful for Iā€™d be glad to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Eric, I live in France and I am a computer science teacher. I am teaching in high school, college and private high schools for many years now.

I am also:

• Independant game designer, mostly with Unity now, but I also made games with different game engines (even my own 2D/3D game engine for Palm OS).
  • Mobile application developer. I started developping for iOS around 2010 and switched to Android from 2011 to 2017. Now I use crossplateform framework Flutter for designing app for both iOS and Android.
  • Educational resources designer: videos, animations, educational contents, online courses, etcā€¦

I have always been interested in everything. I come from a big mixed Italian(my dad)/French (my mom) family and most of all my brothers are musicians, the youngest is professional musician. So, when I was 9 I was so facinated by my brothers that one of them gave me his guitar and told me ā€œDo you want try?ā€. My answer was of course yes, and music entered in my life like that. I am not a good musician. I went in conservatoire, I learned a lot with a good guitar teacher. I also learned about solfege and a little bit harmony. But my best feature is my ears.

When I was a little boy I wanted to work for a company like NASA :joy:, then I wanted to become musician but it was not considered as a good job at that time :thinking:, so I switched to electronics and computers and finally I became a computer science teacher :computer:. But in fact I donā€™t know what I am exactly. I have been graduated in many fields (not because I am clever but because I am curious about many things).

I like sound design, listening and composing music and songs (with my guitar or a DAW like Ableton Live and since few FL Studio and GarageBand). I like learning languages (English, Chinese, Italian, even French :slight_smile:) and itā€™s always a kind of ā€œtravelā€, a way to discover other people and cultures. I like writing (novels, technical books, poems). But I think that I am good in nothing, I just have pleasure doing so, I like to share with people.

Some of my work/passions:

My YouTube channel about my work related to Palm OS plateform (sound engines, video games, music, etcā€¦)

My website about part of my work related to sound/music engine

I canā€™t put more than 2 links, so next links later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wish to find here a great community to share and exchange with :wink:
I will be happy to listen to your productions and learn from everyone so that I can improve my skills.

I hope my introduction is not too much boring :smile:
Eric

5 Likes

Welcome Eric, Iā€™m glad you decided to join this amazing community of composers. And great introduction btw, I loved reading it, and I can very much relate to your curious nature. :slight_smile:

Interesting that you are a game developer, as we just had a new member join us Luca Leonardi @Svalinn85 who also is in video game dev. Itā€™s great to have your perspective of this field as many composers in here want to get into video game music soundtracks.

In this community you can learn and share in the various sections, basically everything that matter for composers. We also have a dedicated section ā€œYour Musicā€ to post compositions for feedback. And every month we have a composer challenge (contest) to create a piece of music on a specific theme/style.

I hope you become an active member, please consider bookmarking this forum.

Sincerely
Composer | Sound Designer | Educator

1 Like

Alsoā€¦ heā€™s half italian, Iā€™m full italian. Coincidences? I donā€™t think soā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Mikael!

Yes, I am curious but sometimes maybe too muchā€¦ I canā€™t handle all things I am interested in :smile:

Great to know there are other video game designers! Sure, we need good music and sounds, there are one the the most important thing in game development. They bring games to life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Luca!

Yeahā€¦ half Italian, I donā€™t know if there is something to do with game dev or not :grin:
My dad and mom were very creative, my brothers are too, so maybe there is an explaination here :thinking: :smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Tim Teather from the UK originally, now living in Perth Australia. In the daytime, Iā€™m a Commercial Manager for an internet platform and any other time I love playing music.

I read a load of peopleā€™s intros and Iā€™m a bit different, Iā€™m not an experienced composer/producer but I hope to learn from those that are.

I learned the classical guitar as a kid and self taught the piano so I have some exposure to music. Iā€™m really looking forwards to building on the skills I have by being an active member of this group.

1 Like

Welcome Tim,
How is everything in Australia atm with all things going on in the world?

You do have a huge advantage learning how to play and perform real instruments imo. So if you want to dive deeper now into composing, I am certain things will come to you pretty naturally.

Remember that you can ask anything that matters for composition, production, sound design, hardware, software, plugins etc. Thereā€™s a dedicated section for everything, including one where any member can post a composition for feedback as long as the guidelines are respected.

I hope you do become an active member, so please consider bookmarking this forum website in your browser.

Cheers from the opposite side of the world (Sweden)! :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mike