VOTE: What Soundtrack Theme would you like Cover?

For me the number one choice would be “Hummel gets the rockets” from movie “The Rock”
Just to point out few things why it would be interesting:

1. Simple but recognizable lead melodies
  2. Slow and Fast sections / different rhythms -> composers could choose between or pick both
  3. The theme starts the movie, so there would be a possibility to use some dialogue within the cover, also.

This was probably the first movie for me where I realized that the soundtracks can be awesome too.

1 Like

Oh man, yes! The Rock has an amazing soundtrack, and that theme is stunningly powerful! :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely agree with Mikael! Even if you don’t finish, this way you always learn so much!

It almost feels like sacrilege, though. These pieces are perfect as is; “How can i really improve upon them?” Or, " If I make any changes, they’re ruined!" :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And fantastic choice picking beauty and the beast. All of the thematic music is based off carnival of the animals by Saint seans. That would be a killer one to do… literally :joy: I think everyone would struggle with that one lol, so everyone would learn something! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mike, here’s another similar idea: Instead of picking a particular film/TV/game theme, how about picking a particular composer and letting everyone choose their own personal favorite from that composer to rearrange?

3 Likes

Great one for the future I’d say!

Haha, well we are not trying to “improve” these masterful compositions, but rather make our own versions of them. :wink:

The reason I decided that we all will do a cover on the same theme (based on this poll) is simple. It’s a contest, and it’s the best way to be fair imo. I know how subjective preferences of tracks in themselves affects our votes. I mean, I would have probably voted for my favorite tracks myself lol, there’s no shielding against personal preference, but at least this way with all things being equal, the chance of a fair contest increases. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh sure, I agree contest wise. Something for the future like as a “Best John Williams re-orchestration” category or something.

1 Like

Ah, that might be a better idea. Because then I would not have to manage it, these music contests all in all are probably take in total upwards 50 working hours of my business time, with basically zero income from it. I love the community, but I choose my “official initiatives” with care. :stuck_out_tongue:

In fact, running this composer community makes no business sense at all haha. But I always wanted a professional place to connect with fellow composers, so one day last year I decided to create it myself. And here we are, 1030 members as of today! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I did put vote in the poll

1 Like

Ah thank you Francisco, I hope you will join this cover contest when it launches next month! :smiley:

Got to throw in a question here:
When I grew up the soundtrack to the TV series Emmerdale farm was almost like an national anthem for us. Even so it’s not often I hear anyone talk about it.
What about in this forum?
Anyone else like it?

Good idea! Can the cover of the soundtrack be in any genre?

1 Like

Glad you will join the cover contest Joel, and yes I will make sure to write the “rules” of the contest so that creative freedom is still there. I think the most important thing is that the “spirit” and “emotion” of the soundtrack is still there! :smiley:

Cool! Sounds great! Will post my relaxing theme by the end of the week btw :wink:

1 Like

Oh I thought you already posted your entry for that, must have mixed you up with someone else. Remember final day is Sunday, so get it done! :wink:

Haha not me! Should be ready to submit by Sunday :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to add “Gabriel’s Oboe” from the movie “The Mission” by Ennio Morricone. Plus the main theme from “The Expanse” by Clinton Shorter.

1 Like

Nice suggestions Adrian, I haven’t heard the second one, so will check it out. :slight_smile:
Remember to give your vote in the poll as well in case you have not already.

1 Like