VOTE: What Soundtrack Theme would you like Cover?

What Soundtrack Theme would you like to Cover? :smiley:
The next contest in this forum will be a “Soundtrack Cover” instead of a theme based on style/emotion.

**POLL: **Choose your Top 3! :slight_smile:

• Star Wars - Darth Vader Theme
  • Star Wars - The Force Theme
  • Indiana Jones - Main Theme
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - The Black Pearl
  • Jurassic Park - Main Theme
  • Jaws - Main Theme
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey (Main Theme)
  • Terminator 2 - Judgement Day (Main Title)
  • Avengers End Game - Main on End
  • Transformers - Arrival to Earth
  • Star Trek: Next Generation (Main Title)
  • Game of Thrones (Main Title)
  • God of War (Main Theme)
  • Mission Impossible (Main Theme)
  • The Lord of the Rings - Many Meetings

0 voters

Also please write your own suggestions in a comment below! :smiley:

PS. Due to the focus of this professional composer forum, the cover should either be a very famous orchestral based Film/TV Theme, or possibly a Video Game Theme. Also if you have any suggestions, please make sure it is an Iconic Main Theme, as otherwise we won’t probably get any entries, haha.

3 Likes

What Iconic Soundtrack Theme you would like to cover? Tagging all amazing composers in here that entered any previous music contest in the community. :smiley:

1 Like

JURASSIC PARK. For sure! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I made it into a Poll instead, please vote Geoff. Also you can still suggest other Iconic Themes! :wink:

1 Like

The John Dunbar theme (Dances with wolfes) :+1:

2 Likes

Ah Dances with the Wolves has beautiful music. I just thought of another “Native American” focused film, The Last Mohican, I love that main theme too! :slight_smile:

I appreciate all suggestions on iconic themes like this, I will not add them to this poll as it is not fair once the poll has started, but for future “cover contests” for sure! :smiley:

2 Likes

Will the contest be to cover the theme that gets the most votes?

2 Likes

Yes, as I believe it will be much trickier to get people to enter a cover contest than “theme/emotion” based contests. You have no idea how much I promote these contests and it’s still hard to get people to join, even with prizes! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

hello
there is so many great theme and great film in the list
finally my choice is done
voted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Florent! :slight_smile:
Yes, and I only added what I could come up with. If you have more suggestions, please add, as we might do future “cover contests” if this turns out to be popular among members! :smiley:

Perhaps add an iconic theme from the legends Ennio Morricone, Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman, James Horner, Tomas Newman…the list is long! :smiley:

1 Like

I love the motivation of this kind of challenges.

For the future, I suggest CINEMA PARADISO - Main theme

1 Like

Awesome Vicente, looking forward to see you enter this first “cover contest”, and I hope there will be many more in the future! :smiley:

Thank you for your suggestion as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

perhaps we can keep them for another challenge with also bernard herman, henry mancini, maurice jarre

1 Like

Oh it’s really hard, as all of them are insane works…however, @Mikael you know that covers are the toughest ones, right? :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha yes there are so many! :wink:

I know, but also it is a great opportunity for everyone that joins the challenge, to actually analyse the music composition, inluding chords, harmonies, main melody/theme, counter melodies, tempo/flow, energy, instrumentation etc. And of course, I would love if everyone puts their own “touch” on their entry, as long as the spirit of the track is still there if it makes sense! :smiley:

2 Likes

The sound track for Thief

1 Like