VOTE: What Soundtrack Theme would you like Cover?

Thanks for your suggestion David, I don’t believe I have seen that movie, unless you are referring to the video game “Thief”?

Totally agree, this is a really great idea. Plus, I’d say it should be a rule that no manuscript or tabs should be used (left down to the individuals integrity). Yes this is hard but the amount a person will learn in the process of doing this is unparalleled! :smiley:

3 Likes

Indeed, making covers forces you to analyse the masters! :smiley:

2 Likes

Genuinely excited for this one. I will definitely prioritise this :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome Geoff, and I do hope it can become popular, because I actually believe this one of the best way to improve as a composer. Analyse, mimic, and then put your own “soul” into your own piece! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes I totally agree. Now are we trying to replicate it exactly or are we taking it and repurposing it (like Jurassic world for instance)

1 Like

I believe that is up to everyone that joins. As long as “the spirit” of the iconic theme is still present throughout your composition. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Personally I will try to make something different, keeping the essence. The original ochestrated version is already great. Let,s try other language for the same emotions

2 Likes

Yes, as long as your version still respects the Main Theme, and overall spirit of the composition with the emotions, energy etc. Then do your own spin on it! :smiley:

Sounds like a fun project! I’m totally in!!

When I was in uni one of the things we had to do was transcribe then sound of silence by ear. It was tricky, because my first attempt literally came out like a Bach corals :joy::joy::joy: ther was when I realised that I relayed too much on theory and not on my own ears. Listening is so much more difficult than we think!

1 Like

Alright I literally had a total brain freeze, because for a moment I tried to figure out how to transcribe the sound of “LITERAL SILENCE” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

HAHAHAHA that’s brilliant!! That should be the next challenge…

Though there is a piece by John cage called 4:33 which is complete silence. Minimalism at its most minimalistic :joy:

1 Like

04:33 being the time he collapsed on his music sheet after failing to write a single note, and called it “done” next morning because why the bloody hell not! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah apparently he gave up and give it “a rest” ;D

1 Like

Perhaps we should have tried this “modern art” approach Geoff. Could be a lucrative career I heard! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pfft, I could improve on his piece.

“rest”… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … “da capo”.

There, my masterpiece is done! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I´ve never done a cover like this. Seems like I have to give it a shot. Gonna be a nightmare to mix and master. :grinning:

2 Likes

Haha, well it’s going to be fun, and wow this will be so cool to hear everyone’s different version on whatever theme wins this “Cover Contest” poll. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lawrence of Arabia or Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter.

2 Likes