WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Because it’s a dark, cold land…we need to sing and make music otherwise we get crazy! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hello there,
I just arrived in this community after seeing Mikael Baggström’s post to join the forum.
To introduce myself, my name is Alexis, I’m 17 and I live in Paris. I have started composing orchestral music about 4 months ago, next to school. Prior to that, I created rap beats but I am currently focusing on orchestras as I love classical music, in particular the Romantic era, with for example Chopin who is my favourite composer as I play the piano. I’m not only here to promote but also to discover your music and also other classical music for example, and have interesting discussions as this community seems to be nice.
I use FL Studio and all the VSTs I use are free (LABS, The Free orchestra, VSCO2, DSK) as I do not have much money as I do not have a job. And for the moment I consider composing more as a hobby than a future full time job, although I still take it very seriously.
Oh and here’s a link to my YouTube channel if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/maqalx
I’m excited to be part of this,
Alexis

6 Likes

Hey Alexis, great to have you join us! :slight_smile:
Yes, this is a community to learn, connect, network, discuss all things that matter for composers. We also have music contests (challenges) that is a great way to learn how to master all the styles/emotions etc. of music composition.

You should get the new free version of Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra. It is a great starting point.

PS. If you want to give and get feedback on music compositions, there is a dedicated section for it, as long as you follow the rules so it becomes educational/valuable for everyone. :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

1 Like

Hi Alexis, I’m also new here. Look forward to hearing your music, also your english is better than my french.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, I actually filled out the form for the BBC Symphony Orchestra as it looked amazing about a week ago thanks for the recommendation anyways!

1 Like

Ah great, I think it is 14 days waiting time. Btw, we are going to have our first “Theme Cover” contest…but I made a poll on which theme the contest should be on. Please have a look and vote as well, on your top 3 favorites. :slight_smile:

https://forum.professionalcomposers.com/t/vote-what-soundtrack-theme-would-you-like-cover

Hi Carl, thanks for saying hi I’m keen to listen to what you do too, my English is also good as I’ve actually spent most of my life in London (though with French parents in a French school)

cool story, btw the gorillaz used GarageBand for their whole album, so if you can make good music in GarageBand you can succeed in any daw.

Haha yeah but thing is I used GarageBand on my phone so it was even more limited!

Salut,

i like your orchestral compositions, i subscribed to your channel.
Well done!

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks a lot Michael! How I can access to your channel? Couldn’t find a link

hi,
i send you a message…

I´m Raul Bianchi, Musician and producer from Brazil. I´m a professional musician (drummer) since 1985 and work in recording studios since 1987.

4 Likes

Welcome Raul, great having you here! :slight_smile:

It’s also great to have someone that worked in recording studios for so long, your experience and insights in this will be very appreciated in the community! :smiley:

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

Thanks Mikael. be safe. best regards

1 Like

Hi,
I am Mattheus van Zanten. I am a professional bass player living in The Netherlands. I play in a “party-band” and we mainly play shows all over The Netherlands.
Due to a well know virus all our shows have been cancelled, so I am stuck at home. During a cleanup of my attic I found my old Edirol audio interface and I could not resist trying it. With Garageband it worked flawlessly, so the most obvious next step was Logic Pro. Very soon I found the very helpful tutorials Mike did, so joining this forum was the LOGICal next step…

3 Likes

Logic is great and very user friendly, sure you will learn a lot from his videos, I have been using the alternative project saving option I learned there and the freeze option to help with my cpu load. Welcome aboard here.

2 Likes

Welcome Mattheus! :slight_smile:
I can see the bass in your profile picture, so it made sense that the bass is your primary instrument haha. Logic Pro has been my professional tool since 2014, and it was so amazing (to my workflow) that I switched from hardcore PC user to Mac enthusiast. If you have any questions about DAWs and Music Software there is in fact a dedicated section for it as you can see in the forum. And aside from that we discuss Hardware/Gear, VST Plugins, Software Instruments, Music Business/Career, Composition/Production techniques and basically everything that matters for music! :smiley:

I hope you will feel right at home, and I see you already started posting in some discussions. Don’t be afraid of starting new topics, asking questions, sharing any tips and wisdom etc. We even have a “Random Topics” corner for off topic things like movies, tv series, video games and whatever hehe.

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

1 Like

Hi Mikael,
thanks for the warm welcome. As I already found out, this forum is very much alive. Hopefully I can learn a lot and perhaps sometimes help out…

1 Like

Haha, yes indeed, and we are perhaps a bunch of music nerds (and nerds in many aspects), but man do we have fun in here. I sometimes refer to us in this forum as “The Fellowship of Composers” due to the family/friends positive atmosphere. :smiley:

1 Like