VOTE: What Soundtrack Theme would you like Cover?

I made a cover of The Expanse Theme (this is a great Scifi series on Amazon Prime) and combined it with the theme from a video game called Elite: Dangerous (a multiplayer space simulator).

2 Likes

Wow, beautiful, rich, deep and really sparks that “dreamy imagination” that I personally love. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Clinton Shorter’s music to The Expanse series is perfect, in my opinion, in capturing the mood just right and in providing the right ambience without being over imposing. Just the way it should be done! :+1:

1 Like

I take it you are also sci-fi fan like myself? I wonder what you think about the soundtrack to Battlestar Galactica (the re-make in the early 2000s). I personally loved the various musical/world influences the composer Bear McCreary used in the soundtrack! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scifi? Absolutely. All the way. I have the BSG box set you’ve referred to and it’s an all time favourite (the soundtrack is great!) , along with Firefly, Star Trek, Altered Carbon and Black Mirror. It’s this sort of genre that keeps me sat at my keyboard, creating music and stimulating my imagination.

1 Like

Haha, nice a fellow nerd I see. Yes BSG is by far my favorite TV series ever made. Amazing cast, good writing, great storytelling, and basically includes all aspects of humanity’s big struggles and questions.

Star Trek is of course another favorite of mine, but to me, nothing has ever come close to The next generation. I haven’t seen the new Picard series yet though.

2 Likes

Ive watched the Picard series. Loved it. But they could have churned out some garbage and I would still have loved it! Ha! I agree about TNG. My favourite too.
I think I watched all 85 BSG episodes in something like two weeks. I couldn’t get enough of the toaster bashing!
So Say We All!

1 Like

PS. You spotted my YouTube avatar, right? That is me trying to be Adama in an authentic Paramount TNG uniform!

Do you mind if I do an “an old guy rant”? :stuck_out_tongue:
What annoys me in the recent 2 decades (I was born in 1981 btw), is the lack of age spread in casting for TV series and movies. It will never make sense to me to use basically all young (almost teenage) cast. Sadly it seems to be spreading, this “Vampire Diaries” crappy high school casting! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. BSG had an outstanding cast, and authentic to the core in all ways! :smiley:

1 Like

TNG AND Deep Space Nine. The main theme for DS9
by Dennis McCarthy has one of my all time favorite brass fanfare parts! The horns are beautiful and everything in that subtle Mixolydian scale is just…yeah!

2 Likes

I actually also loved Deep Space Nine, my favorite ST series after TNG. I know some people hated it, and it is different due to being on a station compared to the original voyage and new frontier saga that Star Trek is about. But I still loved it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Also, Quark is such a lovable/hatable (at the same time) character lol

1 Like

Hahaha! Yeah. I actually loved the darker atmosphere for DS9. I own the original first episode sound track and it’s really great. The main theme and “Wolf 539” are really just superb compositions. That’s really my style of composing, but I’m really training myself to write more "epic’ cinematic stuff, so thanks for your courses!

2 Likes

Yes! I miss that “grit” factor. In video games too. Too much of the korean K-pop culture and pokemon cute culture spreading there with bright saturated disney colors. I want the shadows and mystique back. Like the good old X-files series (which btw is an amazing soundtrack all through the show).

2 Likes

Seems we totally have the same tastes :laughing: I’m a huge anime nerd and Yuki Kajiura is possibly my fav anime composer; I am really trying to model my cinematic stuff after her. The whole Fate/Zero anime and soundtrack are brilliant. UFOtable’s animation is very modern but it has a more subtle and darker quality to it in that series.

2 Likes

Haha, cool! Do you play video games too? I’m not a “gamer” but I have one evening per week where I play together with my best friend. Sometimes we need to just “get away” from ordinary life and go into another world. Granted, you can do it with TV and Movies too, but there is something about going into a world with a character you shape, and a journey you control. :slight_smile:

Edit. Big nerd alert, I am an old school D&D player! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, you’ve just reminded me to fish out my copy of the music from Akira! Thanks!
(PS. It’s on cassette tape!)

2 Likes

I think you will really enjoy The Expanse. Seriously enjoy it!

2 Likes

checking IMDB now. Oh yes, this looks great indeed! I hope it’s available on Netflix?

Prime Video - all 4 seasons. Binge watch it with a trial period?

1 Like