WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hello Fernando, and a warm welcome to this community of music composers from all over the world! :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my videos with tips and tutorials in Logic, and that you finally found your way back to music.

You are very welcome to jump into the discussion threads, share your thoughts, ask any questions, and connect with fellow composers in here. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Jake, I am a composer/arranger based in Ohio, where I primarily write music for marching band. I just completed my Master’s in Trumpet Performance, but in the last year or so got Logic Pro due to that involvement in the marching band world. This led me to really delve into what I can use Logic for and a few weeks ago and I found your courses on SkillShare!

Now I am trying to hone my skills in writing Royalty Free music/Trailer music. Really happy to join the community!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome Jacob! :slight_smile:
Congratulations on getting your master! And wow, trumpet performance. Do you have the ability to record your trumpet in your studio as well?

I also have a long series of videos on Logic Pro on my YouTube Channel that you might want to check out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbvz3L5TqIyyNfe2CZPyKH74X9a9SOckc

Now please join the discussions, start new topics, share, learn and connect with fellow composers in this community.

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hej!
I am PÀr PeGe Gustafson, of LyckÄs, Huskvarna, Sweden.

Composer, Producer, Guitarist, Keyboardist & Singer

Various styles
:
‱ Churchmusic
‱ Instrumental “soundtrax”
‱ Singer-Songwriter
‱ Older & modern Pop
‱ Synthwave (just beginning)
‱ Blues
‱ Country
‱ Rock &
‱ Metal

Sites:
° www.facebook.com/armsofgod
° https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Y9sizqDteR3Hq6ooygpeI?si=RvsSsy58QE-obgmGgh0OYw

Born in Arvika, Sweden in -69

Wife & 2 sons. One cat.

I will write more later

Be Blessed! (y)

PS:
My weapons of choice are:
° Cubase (a user since the latter half of the -90’s)
° iMac (switched from PC ca 6-7 years ago)
(& -sorry, but not afraid, to say- 
I find Logic totally unlogic)

3 Likes

Hello PĂ€r, great to have you join us in this community of music composers from all over the world! :slight_smile:

That’s an interesting mix of styles/genres you have written. You can post any composition of yours for feedback from the community here: https://forum.professionalcomposers.com/c/introduction/music/14

And do please jump right in and join the discussions, share, learn and connect with everyone in here. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hej & tack, Mikael!

DÄ jag kvalificerat gissar att Du inte behöver Google Translate
för att bringa ordning & reda bland mina bokstÀver, skriver jag pÄ svenska hÀr.
FörstÄr sÄklart varför Du svÀnger Dig med internationellt tungomÄl!

Trots att jag nog Àr mer Àn vanligt svenskt kunnig i det anglosaxiska sprÄkvÀrvet,
blir det ÀndÄ mitt modersmÄl hÀr.

Tack för rapp respons, och för inbjudan, initialt!

Ditt initiativ hĂ€r, har jag haft i bakhuvudet en tid, men inte “orkat” presentera mig.
Tog dock handen i egna saker idag, och dÀrför sprÄkas vi nu hÀr, om Àn digtalt.

NÀr ork & tid gifves, kommer jag med lust & mannamod kasta mig in i den trÄd,
som för tillfÀllet verkar mest angelÀgen.

HĂ„ller sedan dryga Ă„ret, pĂ„ med en “skiva”, med inriktingen “progressiv countrypop”.

Har 4 kompositioner mer lr mindre mixfĂ€rdiga, och tvĂ„ av dem finns “hos” slutmix
(minus nÄgra sÄngspÄr jag vill göra om / lÀgga till)
-Med största sannolikhet kommer mer Àn en av lÄtarna laddas upp hÀr för konstruktiv kritik.

SÄdÀr lÄngt ungefÀr, orkar jag plita idag.

-Efter snart 3 Är som sjukskriven (utmattningsdepression) orkar jag oftast inte jÀttelÀnge,
innan en monumental hjÀrntrötthet golvar mig.

Tack att Du finns.

PÄ Äterhörande!

MVH!: P.G; LyckÄs

PS: If anyone is interested in reading my reply to Mike in english, please let me know,
as I then will post an international version of my lingustically intricate reply to our Master-in-charge.

5 Likes

Greetings! My name is Adrian Brooks. I live in Southern England, near to Stonehenge. I am an amateur composer who enjoys listening to and creating music in the epic hybrid genre. My initial entry into music was as a chorister and one fine Christmas, when Santa brought me a Casio 1000P keyboard. Growing up in the 1980s, I listened to a lot of music by artists such as Visage, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, Marillion, Toyah etc, so always had this fascination for synths and New Wave. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to accumulate some sound libraries, plus Studio One and a Komplete Kontrol S49 keyboard. My modern influences include Thomas Bergersen, Hans Zimmer, Clinton Shorter and Troels Folman. I hope to share my compositions and get some feedback about structure, mixing and vibe. Mixing and mastering are my most difficult areas to grasp and manage. I look forward to hearing other members’ tracks and taking part in the occasional competitions to see what I can learn.
Regards, Adrian.

5 Likes

Welcome Adrian, it’s great to have you join us! :slight_smile:
Ah the good old 80s, even though I lag slightly in time from your main influences as I was born in 1981. Huge fan of many artists in the 80s like MJ, Queen, Vangelis etc. I went through many styles myself, synth/techno, EDM, rock/metal etc. But then I fell in love with “cinematic music”, even if that term is very general I still think it describes my focus as a composer these days.

There’s a competition going on right now, even if I personally prefer to call them “challenges” to reduce the pressure a bit. The goal imho is still to motivate members to compose a new piece of music, with a specific purpose/style. And then to listen to each other’s tracks, and give encouraging feedback! :slight_smile:

PS. Please consider bookmarking this community website, and also to dive right into the discussions, start new topics, ask questions etc. I think you will find that we have a very friendly/family-like atmosphere in here. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

3 Likes

Thanks, Mikael. Site bookmarked, some tracks listened to, comments made, challenge checked out, keyboard and PC switched on, awaiting relaxing inspiration! :+1:
Adrian

3 Likes

That’s great Adrian,
And we sure do need some calm/relaxed atmosphere in the midst of all the chaos going on right now. :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mike

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel.
I am from the UK.
I am a former DJ, who quite recently started writing music.

My main influence, as a DJ was House Music.
As a composer, I’m influenced by Jean Michel Jerre, Ed Wynne (Ozric Tentacles), and to a certain extend by Mike Oldfield and the group Magma. But there are obviously others, I admire!

I am using Logic Pro X as my main DAW.

I look forward to meeting like-minded composers and producers in this group.

Cheers

4 Likes

Welcome Daniel! :slight_smile:
I also started out as a DJ, way back lol. These days my passion is mainly in cinematic/orchestral/film music etc. Did you get the new 10.5 update btw? I was thrilled by many of the new features/devices.

PS. Looking forward to your contributions in the discussions and topics in the community.

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

2 Likes

Hello All Composers,
I am Shaul Hadar, and I am an epic music composer
 I write mainly for games and films, but i also produce electronic music under the alias of Counter Point.

I can write various original music in lots of genres and types.

I am also a gifted piano player for over 31 years now, and I have a special power in playing the music of Chopin.

You are welcome to check out my website and listen to my latest music :slight_smile:

www.shaulhadar.com

I hope everyone has a safe and muse filled day!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello Shaul and welcome to the community. It’s interesting you compose both for games and films, but also electronic music. Do you also mix the two worlds? :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael Baggström
Founder of this Community

2 Likes

Hello world!
My name is Matt Seewald, from Milwaukee USA. I’ve been playing music/musical instruments since about age 11, staring out on trumpet and piano before discovering a band called Metallica in the 1980’s and moving to guitar. I started my musical journey with the classics: Beethoven, Saint-Saens, Mozart, etc before eventually deciding on a degree in political philosophy.
Later, I discovered Japanese composer Junichi Nakatsuru and his work on the SoulCalibur video game series and it reignited my interest in composing orchestral music. I’m interested in and try composing in many styles, but am focusing mainly as a library/mixed media composer doing cinematic orchestral music and traditional concert music. My early, not so good efforts can found here: https://soundcloud.com/parnassus-musique

3 Likes

Welcome Matt! :slight_smile:
I love how diverse your musical background and journey have been. I can completely relate, and I’m sure many fellow composers in this community can as well.

I’m looking forward to connect with you in the discussions here in the forum, and please feel free to start new topics, ask questions, and share your thoughts. This community is a ‘Fellowship of Composers’. We are all here to motivate and help each other. :smiley:

PS. You can also share your music compositions for feedback in the ‘Your Music’ section, the only requirement being that you write a detailed description of the track so we all can get some insights into your creative vision, and technical information about the music.

Sincerely
Mike

1 Like

Hi there!
My name is Alex, I am a rock musician, and I also arrange and compose music. I play guitar and drums and have been making music since about 2000. Now I like to participate in various joint projects and collaborate in composing music with other musicians. To do this, I have my own site, which has not been filled up over the past few years, but now I am collaborating with some musicians and soon we will present our new songs.
I will be glad to cooperate with other musicians and open to new offers.
So, our web site: https://resonare.club
Regards!

3 Likes

Hello Alex, and welcome to the community! :slight_smile:
I’m looking forward to see your interactions in the topics, and perhaps you want to join the composing challenges we have here as well. Right now the theme of the contest that ends this month is Relaxing Music: Join the Relaxing Music Contest (April/May 2020)

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

2 Likes

Hey, Mikael.
Thanks for really quick answer and i already like it here. Thanks for the invitation but for now relaxing music is not mine :smile: :smile: :smile:
But I think I will find for myself a lot of interesting on this site. And I’m already looking)))
Cheers!

2 Likes

There will be a new contest next month, perhaps it will suit you better :wink:
Yes, there are lots of topics, separated into sections as you can see.

Feel free to start new topics, asking questions etc. We are all a bunch of music nerds in here. :wink:

Sincerely
Mike

3 Likes