Sustain Pedal Problem - Is it just me?

Thanks for the suggestion Jim, I will look that up later. But for the long run I will probably just get the Boss switch to use as sustain pedal. To be honest I think I would prefer shorter travel, as I like to time my sustain pedal better anyway.

exactly the Same. . . I still have the StudioLogic KeyBoard and it surely is the generator of strange midi glitches. . . not just on the sustain pedal, but in the volume pedal and when I do automations with its joysticks . . . . . super glitchy… (thats why I got an iCon Platform M+ for automations… and I love it!) still use the main joystick for glide and the second one sometimes for expression…

hey @Mikael have you tried in your Native Instruments keyboard? the pedal circuit is so basic that it is robust in nature, I would invest better on a quality midi keyboard. . . I believe it could very well be the StudioLogic keyboard and its circuitry and voltages…

2 Likes

Hey @Mikael I forgot… check your outputs with a midi monitor:
Mac OS : https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

Then you’ll know the pedal is ok, or the KeyBoard …

2 Likes

I actually switched the pedal into my Native Instruments keyboard, and the sustain pedal glitch seems gone. So it perhaps was my StudioLogic keyboard that was the issue.

1 Like

… my studioLogic likes to give strange glitches too, I hope you got this fixed.

Download that Midi Monitor. . . .It is useful anyway. :+1:

2 Likes

OK so now my sustain pedal have started glitching (get stuck on “sustain”) again, even when connected to my NI keyboard and in the other polarity mode. NEVER again will I buy a cheap product like this, so frustrating!!!

1 Like

I bet you will :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey Mike, I could bet (but I wont :slight_smile: ) that it is not the pedal, or if it is, it may well be something like the cable or a bad plug…

Use the Midi-Meter

1 Like