Studio Desk - What do you use?

It’s difficult to explain, but when you’re sitting in one the design and bend in the back makes u sit a specific way where it supports your lower back. The upper side is a bit bent. almost everything is customizable such as arm width, height, bend angle, etc.

The best would be to find a seller in your area and try it out. Here’s a side view I found on the internet where you’ll understand more how it’s designed.

It’s pretty popular in studio environments, here are some photos:

Air Studios (UK)

Abby Road (UK)

Newman Scoring Stage (Fox Studios)

Skywalker Sound (California)

Synchron Stage (Vienna)

1 Like

Looks like a fantastic chair, will check into deals on it. Thanks for the information!

No problem! As i said: try to find a store that sells it to try it first :wink:

1 Like

Looks like a sick chair to be fair (British slang showing its face (oops).

I’ll probably look into that too!

I’m using a Fredde desk from Ikea…cheap option and it works fine for me!

3 Likes

I make my own desks from ply. The legs are simply garden fence posts. I learnt over the years that no off the shelf kit can cater for my needs as they change all the time. With this method I can easily hack and build what I need. If you go this route, make sure your keyboard tables are at piano height.
Briefly, I have two TV’s (39") on the wall, Amps and hardware above on a sturdy shelf, goto keyboard in front of the monitors, Speakers on walls to create perfect sweetspot for chair, PC below and a mains switch by the door where I can switch everything off by one switch (apart from selected hardware like wifi router). Gear comes in, gear goes out and its easy to customise. I recently made space for 2 Hammond organs and cut a desk in half.

2 Likes

I also have the Zaor Miza M and I am very happy with it. Last time I checked on thomann.de this model isn’t available any more. It seems Zaor has modified it a little bit. it is now called

Zaor Miza M Flex

and has its keyboard tray adjustable in height. Price went up about 100 € for that feature. My keyboard just fitted in the old version so I am glad I got mine before the change :slight_smile:

1 Like