Studio Desk - What do you use?

It gets worse as I am a person who prefers to work very close to the desk. So I wheel my chair under and my belly touches the desk edge. Is this still possible with this keyboard tray?

The tray does slide in but stops exactly at the same point where the table starts, it doesn’t have space to go further inside. Here’s a side view that i found on twitter https://twitter.com/ZAORFurniture/status/979341540622585856/photo/1

Ah thanks. What about the actual desk height. With having your chair at a lower setting the get my legs and thighs under it, does the actual desk top feel a bit high?

Edit: The standard desk height in Sweden is 74cm believe. That is why I ask.

The keyboard and mouse do feel a bit high but what solved this issue and made it comfortable is adjustable chair arm height :wink:

1 Like

I removed my chair arms because they were in the way all the time with everything I need to reach on my sides, guitar, mixer, video camera etc :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a picture of my desk. It’s nothing too fancy, but it’s really great!

Uploading: 7B116217-A6E6-468E-82A9-74EE98BAE1D0.jpeg…

I got it from gear4music and if only cost around £150. Put it together I. Less tha. An hour and set everything up easily.

The only thing I had to do was lower the keyboard shelf so my interface fit onto it and it’s great. Perhaps the keyboard shelf is slightly flimsy, but for the price a can’t argue with that as if I ever do need to chang it then it wouldn’t be expensive to mod.

One day in a few years I’ll probably upgrade… I’ve found once every three years I’ve had to upgrade my desk. So give it another two years and I’ll see if I need to :wink:

1 Like

Oops.

I’ll try again with the pic.

It’s my fiancée in the chair. Need to get a new monitor myself. That’s probably up on my list as I’m just using that old tv. If you have a suggestion then I’m open to options! :smiley:

1 Like

Cool Geoff! :slight_smile:
If I decide to upgrade however, I will go high end, super solid, built like a tank kind of studio desk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Isn’t that a gaming chair btw?

1 Like

Of course it’s a gaming chair :wink: it’s super comfy and I can recline if I need a break and play games :smiley:

1 Like

LOL, I like the reclining angle of my IKEA desk chair as well. Noticed that I removed the arm supports btw? Those were ALWAYS in the way hahaha

1 Like

Yeah the only issue with the chair is the arms. I’m upgrading the chair next year. Already chose it and everything :joy:

There’s a few things on the top of my list to be honest… but right at the top might be an analog synth.

1 Like

Yeah…the “wish list”, we already had that thread…it’s the danger zone lol

1 Like

My wish list changes every week :joy::joy:

what’s a good chair for composing and using good posture? Any tips you guys have? I prefer not to bend my neck too much if possible and back.

1 Like

Looks like you could sleep on it.

1 Like

You could definitely sleep on it :wink:

I got this chair because I wanted to compose, maybe play games and watch a bit of Anime in my spare time.

In terms of posture, I don’t think this chair helps much. I tend to sit on the edge of the chair to compose though so I guess that forces me to have ok posture.

As I said earlier the downside to this chair is the folding arms. Nearly went for a high end chair and literally couldn’t tell any difference in it to be honest. So the only thing I’m going to do differently next time is get one with folding arms and a slightly straighter back to it. Other than that, this chair has done me well. Chairs don’t usually last me long anyways.

This chair is also very heavy. I prefer if like that as I don’t like to move when I’m on it. Bug some prefer the opposite.

1 Like

When I got it ssl well, it didn’t have “gaming chair” in any of the description. It actually said bucket desk chair :joy: so I may enter the F1 next month :wink:

I have a Herrmann Miller Aeron chair, literally THE first thing I bought when I got my studio before building my computer OR getting my desk. It’ the best investment I made. I can sit up to 18hours and not have any back or neck pain. That’s probably why most studios are using it.

If I can give you a tip, buy it used, and save money. Here it’s sold for 1500$, I got mine barely for 500$ from a company who buys office furniture when they close. In mint condition, and 1/3rd of the price since it’s second hand (or…butt…?) :rofl:

1 Like

Okay that’s good to know, thanks for that information. Do you keep your back against the chair while working on music, does it help to keep your back straight?

Ya that’s my problem I sit at the edge so I’m bending my back. Thanks for the feedback though, that helps!

1 Like