✅ Join the Nostalgic Music Contest

Join the Composer Contest on “Nostalgic Music” (ends Oct 1)
Inspired by the great Ennio Morricone.

How to Join the Contest

Prizes

How to write “Nostalgic Music”?
Well that is up to you as a composer to choose with your creative freedom, however you can use these keywords as guidelines:

• Theme Focused
  • Romantic
  • Passionate

PS. A big aspect of these composer challenges is to encourage comments and feedback. The winner will be decided by a poll afterwards. Good luck, and have fun composing music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

8 Likes

OK. Got my inspiration, got a woking theme. This one is going to be a challenge!

2 Likes

me too, i wish i had Spagetthi Western from Fluffy Audio,
but i will probably make a small soundtrack in the style of the great master

2 Likes

Ennio is one of my favorites.This will be an interesting theme. Looking forward to all the nice music that I know will be sent in.

2 Likes

Wait, just to be clear, is it just “nostalgic” or nostalgic in the style of Morricone?

1 Like

Nostalgic, inspired by Morricone. :slight_smile:

to sound like Ennio Morricone is a big challenge although it just demands a little touch of him
or to give my music the feel of E.M… It is great deal. a lovely melodic line, a melancholic harmonic line and some instrumentations. That´s fine. I get it. A child´s play!

1 Like

Hello Composers,

if you don’t know what to do, here is some help…

I hope you find it as useful, as i do.
Reading this article is amazing, and i just realized how genious he was. I listened to lot of his music, but i never analyzed it. now i did, and i am very impressed.

Can’t wait to hear what you all come up with,

Michael

7 Likes

Did a quick one. Is the topic open for entries already?

1 Like

Interesting article. Some very useful information. I may sit this one out though. I had some initial ideas, but when I though about it a bit more, Morricone doesn’t inspire a feeling nostalgia for me. I think of guys like Max Steiner and Erich Korngold–the old Hollywood sound of the 1940s-50s and movies like Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia and Spartacus, so I’m thinking about writing a three-part suite in this style.

Good luck to those writing for this contest, I’m really looking forward to hear what you come up with!

1 Like

Yes, just add a new topic in the contest section. :slight_smile:

Hi, the new topic button is greyed out for me.

Ah sorry Harri, I had made a setting mistake on the section. Should work now! :slight_smile:

Thanks for this - really good article, but it is mainly the western music of Ennio Morricone.
I will listen to the other works he made.

1 Like

For me it’s actually all the “other” stuff he’s made that I really love.

2 Likes

Hi all,
looking forward to listening all the works. This is actually special, considering the figure of Morricone.

Thanks Mike for this.

Jorge

2 Likes

Hello Mikael
i have a question for this challenge
do we have to compsoe a cover based on a ennio moriconne composition or
do we have to compose a personnal track based on the harmony and the color used in the composition of ennio moriconne ?
thanks

1 Like

You can compose anything that has a “nostalgic vibe”, and is at least inspired by the Ennio Morricone sound. Not a cover.

2 Likes

ok thanks for this information

1 Like