✅ Join the Nostalgic Music Contest

Just a heads up. If someone struggles with the western sound for the Nostalgic contest Fluffy audio have a western plugin inspired by music like Ennio Morricones. Can’t afford it myself but sure like to have it one day.

3 Likes

I’m with you on this, my favourite piece of his is The Mission. Such great string writing!

2 Likes

I’ve actually not heard everything from him but I just love everything I have heard. My favorite so far is Once upon a time in the west. This weekend I have scrolled through his work, its a pleasure. I’ve started a contribution also for the Nostalgic contest.
As soon as this is done I will catch up with your and @jlx_music on YouTube. The work you both are doing is amazing. Biggest problem is to get the time for everything. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes I only know a few by recollection myself. He’s not one of my favourites but he’s definitely up there as one of the greats! Wish I was more familiar but his style is very reminiscent of mendellsholn from what I have heard… obviously he has that western influence too but in terms of counterpoint he’s quite similar.

2 Likes

Still researching, and only have some vague ideas that I might consider… Creating a template with all the Infinite brass and woodwinds. It’s about time to really try to do something with those, maybe along with some real instruments and/or vocals. I don’t know.

Anyway, Morricone hasn’t really grabbed my attention in the past, but I guess I wasn’t paying attention, although I was of course familiar with some of his work. I mean, “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” might not be my exact cup of tea - but as far as iconic soundtrack goes, I’m not sure anything can ever top that.

Now, “The Mission”… That is definitely my cup of tea. “Nuovo Cinema Paradiso” is also incredible.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. I haven’t paid attention to Ennio before. Some of his work would pass me unnoticed but some of it is just heavenly.
I’m gonna go with strings and vocals this time as he often did in the more calm music.

1 Like

By the way @olofson looking forward to your contribution since your strings is always the best.

1 Like

I’ll try not to disappoint! :smiley: I’m excited to see what you come up with as well.

2 Likes

This article was really helpful for me for my submission. Thanks for posting it. Besides Ennio’s vast film scores, I understand he had a large repertoire of concert music (avant grade music). I’m going to check it out as well now that my submission is ready! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well… I’ve been working overtime and weekends lately. So much for my plans. However, I’ve been working on something since Monday, so we’ll see… :slight_smile:

3 Likes