Favourite Action Main Theme?

I cannot decide between Terminator and Robocop, both are such amazing themes anyway!

What’s your favourite?

2 Likes

Terminator theme is awesome, that industrial “doom is upon us” sound! :stuck_out_tongue:

For action I also love the main theme from Pacific Rim by Ramin Djawadi. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know! I love how simple it is, yet you do this anywhere almost everyone will pick up it’s from Terminator. Genius!

1 Like

I thought about doing a cover (orchestration) of Terminator II - Title Theme. It’s so good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes do it! I would love to hear the result :slight_smile:

1 Like

In fact it was one of the first “hybrid scores” as well. Very much use of re-sampling etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

superman for 500 points

2 Likes

Great soundtrack, even if would personally put the music more in the ‘adventure’ style than ‘action’. At least if you are talking about he classic Superman movie with the John Williams score. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes the original score indeed. I couldn’t choose between Superman and Back to the future but something about Superman is just untouchable and timeless also a good tear jerker true more of adventure themes

1 Like

John Williams is the King of that adventure style theme. Indiana Jones is another great one in the same vein. :slight_smile:

1 Like

darn that’s a tie now true.

Even Star Wars Main Title theme is very adventure focused in style actually.

I will do a course on ‘adventure music’ at some point, it’s such a lovely style in film music that always puts a big fat smile on your face! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

will keep an eye out for that. what do you think of the avengers end game, also on the list?

1 Like

Alan is one of my idols in music for sure. Back to the Future is one of my favorite themes ever :smiley:

2 Likes

The main theme of Avengers is more in the ‘Noble Adventure/Heroic’ imho.

back to the future is one of my favorite movies if I had to pick 3 movies it’s one of them , i watched them again during the pandemic :sweat_smile: do you think being a musician and conductor makes for the kind of compositions John williams wrote, if you weren’t a classical music performer and conductor could you still write such orchestral pieces, not sure.

1 Like

Raider’s March is one of my all-time fav Williams pieces. But really, favorite action themes… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Too many :laughing: But I’ll toss in some less expected ones; 007 original theme and the old A-Team TV show theme. Maybe not completely orchestral, but they definitely scream classic action music.

2 Likes

Mission impossible has a legendary motif that really creates that “exciting suspenseful” tone that makes you know action will be delivered! :wink:

2 Likes

Desert Chase by John Williams, from the Raiders of the Lost Ark score, I think it’s one of the highest points ever reached in action music.

You can feel all the “gear changes” in it, from heroic to pure action to drama (when Indy is shot) and so on.
And a great, great orchestration as usual.

3 Likes