Epic Trailer Music Contest (September)

Meanwhile, I still have no idea what to do… :smiley:

Crazy effects on your Cello to make a tension type trailer, then add some big hits to make it epic? :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure how to fit that into this theme… :smiley: (Though one could probably create some interesting textures for the build-ups.)

I did have some inspiring improvisation moments the other day, though, and figured I might have a go at an all acoustic track soon (cello, maybe some violin), a bit like the Wolfenstein: The Old Blood menu theme:

4 Likes

David, why did you do this…Now I also want to learn how to play the cello! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Id love to give it a go, but have had a passing in the family this week and im now bogged down doing post on a film with a deadline in 2 weeks…

So shall look forward to coming back soon and enjoying everyones output.

2 Likes

My deepest condolences for your loss, and my heart goes out to you and your family Matt.

1 Like

Will you have time to enter this contest David, would be so cool if you added a violin or cello part from your playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m working on something… :slight_smile: Cello part might happen as well!

2 Likes

i am late to enter in this contest i will try to compose a quick epic track i have some ideas, ok let’s go the studio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I am looking forward to your entry. Go into the studio, or as it may be referred to by us composers “the best place in the world” :wink:

hello all
here is my composition
the title ; the gate , i would try to illustrate a god entrance with a big gate
for the instrumentation i use string, woodwind, brass, percussion and choir
there is also metal hit, and fx
the track is short 1’30 approx
the main difficulties for me is how to start, i decide to draw a scene on how the track will evolve
thanks for listening

Joseph, it may be too late now. But if you still want to learn just search youtube for Alex Moukala

1 Like

Great to have your entry in the final hour of this contest, however I actually would prefer you to make it a separate post so every entry has its own thread in this section. Can you re-post it as its own thread please?

hello, i have also created a post yesterday night where the other composer have posted their composition for the challenge :).

1 Like

Ah I did not notice, pardon me. Lots of great entries, will be very interesting to go through them all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t worry, yes i have seen that there is a lot of composition and great composition :slight_smile:
lot of pleasure to hear all of them

1 Like

Here is my short epic composition for piano, strings and choir. Don’t really know how to write music for trailers https://soundcloud.com/jlesnichy/epic-theme-12

I am glad you decided to join the challenge Julia! :slight_smile:
Did you also post your entry in this section (not this thread). If you haven’t please post a new topic with your entry in the contest section where all other entries are.

Uh oh, I wanted to join so much but… September was such a terrible month, I was busy with my “actual” job, lol… :exploding_head: so I had maybe 2 hours per week for composing and I didn’t finish… I barely even started. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
On the other hand, thanks to the contest I watched many tutorials about composing trailer music, so I learned something new about it! Have to take it from the positive light, right :smile:

Hope I will join some contest in the future!

1 Like