Your Top 5 Favourite Rock Bands?

I don’t know if this should be posted on an orchestral composers community but it would be funny to know what your favourite rock bands are. Also, the term rock is very general, but for me rock is when there’s the use of electric guitar in a song.

Here’s my top 5:

1. Radiohead

My favourites are ‘Paranoid Android’ and ‘Nice Dream’, and there’s so much more they are such a diverse group.

1. Queen

Queen has gotten a lot of new fans because of Bohemian Rhapsody (the film) which I have still not watched, but I really love this group, it’s the one my dad made me listen. introduced me to rock. My favourites are ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and ‘It’s a Hard Life’

1. Pink Floyd

I really love their unique sounds and experimental songs. My favourite one would be ‘Comfortably Numb’, but my favourite album is Dark Side of the Moon.

1. U2

My favourites are ‘Stay’ and ‘Lemon’ (less known).

1. Muse

My favourites are ‘Hysteria’ and ‘Muscle Museum’

As you may have noticed I am a big fan of alternative rock and probably less of older rock bands (which I still like) such as Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or the Rolling Stones, also probably because I’m 17. However, nowadays I do not know any rock music apart from Royal Blood or Mac DeMarco, which I consider to be far less good than what rock was before. I guess it’s a bit dead now…

What are your favourite bands?

2 Likes

No particular order:

1 Early Dire Straits maybe not rock but one of my favorites
2 Deep Purple
3 Jethro Tull
4 Led Zepelin
5 Uriah Heep

3 Likes

Also in no particular order and subject to change upon mood, day of the week, fluctuating stock market prices, weather, what I’m wearing and what household chore I’m undertaking at the time -

1. Rage Against the Machine
  2. Rammstein
  3. Asia
  4. Early U2
  5. John Cougar Mellencamp.
2 Likes

I like a little older bands.

• Queen
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Dire Straits
  • Bruce Springsteen and the e street band
  • Bon Jovi
    to name some.

On a question like this there is many answers.

1 Like