Written in Blood - Horror Theme

I have well and truly embraced the spooky season with this short composition!

Leaning heavily on some techniques I have picked up from Charlie Clouser and Gustavo Santaolalla, I have spent the last 3-4 days putting together this short horror theme.

Genre/Style: Horror/Thriller

Creative Vision for the Track: I tried to imagine a poor victim of a horror film walking through an abandoned house only to be confronted by the antagonist. There is subsequently a chase but as these things go, there is no happy ending.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): 80-87bpm, F melodic minor.

Main Instruments used: Piano, Strings, Orchestral Perc, Synths and Foley.

2 Likes

Great track Jacob! Definitely has that classic horror flick sound with all the string dissonance. I thought the piano melody fit well with the ominous low drones.

2 Likes

Well done. I am a big horror movie and soundtrack fan. You hit the key components for a horror track.

1 Like

Thanks for listening again Matt, I really appreciate it.

This is my first horror/thriller composition and I really did enjoy it! I think I will focus on Horror/Sci-Fi for the foreseeable future and try to get my first paid job in this area.

Many thanks,

JB

1 Like

Thanks Rolland for listening!

I love getting feedback from this community by it positive or constructive. So it really means a lot that you took the time to not only listen but to comment your feedback also,

Thanks,

JB

You’re very welcome Jacob. I have been stuck on listening to the soundtrack to the anime, Shadow’s House, by Kenichiro Suehiro and am thinking of writing a few tracks in a mystery/Gothic style similar to that. I had fun with my last track, “Masquerade of Shadows” I wrote for Halloween.

1 Like

Nice, I’ve not heard of Shadow House before I will be sure to check it out!

I’ve just listened to your latest upload, and I loved it! Real haunted house vibes :smiley:

I really liked the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack, especially the original title track. It’s a lot heavier than what I gravitate towards in my productions, but I would really like to get a bit more of that into my music.

Great job! Love the textures you created. And I really like the way you used that slow piano starting around 00:48!

Steven

1 Like

Thanks for your positive feedback Steven, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen!

JB

Love it. Great job Jacob.

1 Like