Whoosh FX Review (Great for Your Transitions)

How to create your own Whoosh FX, Risers etc. for transitions? Well, I just got this awesome plugin that is my new favorite tool for creating any type of transition sound. :slight_smile:

Watch my Video - Whoosh FX by UVI

Whoosh FX Review (Great for Transitions)

2 Likes

Very nice indeed! Have had it for a while. Might not seem all that revolutionary, but the combination of great samples, effects, and a handy UI makes it a nice and effective tool.

Have you checked out Meteor FX as well? Similar, but focused on more percussive effects.

2 Likes

Yes, I am a huge fan of “niche tools”, meaning plugins and libraries that are super focused on one task and then do it extremely well. I can make my own whooshes in Omnisphere with modulating filters, envelopes on a noise oscillator…but how effective is it really?

Meteor seems super useful too,but more “in your face” kind of transitions. A good noise whoosh/riser that is more “clean” like this is useful practically in any style/genre. :slight_smile:

I will probably get Meteor as well even so, because I like epic sounds! :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this UVI product, Mike really interesting!
I have to say that Aizerx from KeepForest and Sculptor of Gothic instruments are also fantastic.
But what excites me most is Boom Library SoundWeaver that allows you to insert your effects and create infinite combinations between them, obviously you have to have sound libraries or create your own, but I find it very creative and once you learn to use it is very funny

1 Like

I didn’t even know Meteor FX, really exciting!!!

1 Like

AizerX seems good, but more “sample based”…while Whoosh FX is basically a mix of synthesis and samples making it better for unique sound design. :slight_smile:

Never seen that Boom product before, it seems mainly focused on layering and aligning, more than “sound design”. But that’s just my first impression, I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I absolutely didn’t want to make a comparison to say which was the best or the worst :slight_smile: they are all incredibly fantastic and Whoosh FX is extraordinary … thanks for your review Mike.

SoundWeaver is based on the stratification and alignment of the samples, you have no possibility of inserting fx such as reverb, delay, high / low pass filters, you cannot play with the panpot and cut the frequencies, you can only change the pitch and make group editing,all of this may be seen daunting at first, but the combinations of alignment and stratification can be infinite because you have the possibility to create many groups and combine them very quickly, after which you have the possibility of drag & drop this combinations in the daw and apply the preferite dynamics and plug-in effects in post production, as I like it.
Try it for free for 7 days if you want.

As I already have spent a lot of money in many gigabytes of singles boom, bramms, whoos, risers … etc, and for me, who likes to create effects with Omnisphere (thanks to your udemy course), record noises/ambients whith microphones and sounds with DIY tools, SoundWeaver gives me the opportunity to combine and align them very very quickly rather than inserting them one at a time in the daw, or spend other money in virtual instruments, which although fantastic and stimulants, have limited groups and sounds. This is just my little opinion :slight_smile:
Many thanks

2 Likes

Ah thanks, now you got me more interested in checking out SoundWeaver! :slight_smile:

1 Like