What is your Day Job?

I work at Domino’s pizza. Sometimes up to 57 hours a week.

3 Likes

Thread resurrected! :smiley:

Update. As some of you know, I’ve left the industrial/lab/networking fields for game development, and currently work as audio programmer with Arrowhead Game Studios. So, basically, a huge step in the general direction of my true passions, and “actual” creative work.

I might keep moving towards sound design and/or music, but as it is, I’d like to dive deeper into audio engines, DSP and all that (and actually get paid for it!), while practicing on my various bowed strings instruments, vocals and whatnot, and just trying to find my voice.

This development is in no small part a result of my getting seriously into music and audio a few years ago, and of course, this excellent forum, and the friendships and acquaintances formed around it!

8 Likes

It makes me happy every time I see someone follow their dream. Congrats for taking the leap David! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats David! I hope you can keep progressing to where you want to get. I definitely agree that this forum and the advice and critiques I get from everyone here has developed my compositional skills so much and put me on a path that I’d been missing for years.

Can’t wait to hear what you develop and bring to us in the future!

3 Likes

I have just started a job of a junior flutter developer.

1 Like

I was a professional trumpet player for about 12 years. Then got dissatisfied/bored with my playing and went back to school. Now I’m a design engineer for an aeronautical corporation.

Steven

1 Like

A flutter developer? Sounds interesting… What is a flutter and how do you develop it?

I’m retired from doing soundtracks and, other than composing for art’s sake, I study astrophotography. It has some similarities to music composition and recording in the sense that it’s highly technical and requires really good equipment and software. It also requires knowledge of astrophoto processing and just plain old good luck, meaning no clouds, no wind, no rain or fog. The deep space objects I image have a miraculous, beautiful, mysterious and almost sacred quality about them.

View Photos

1 Like

I’m mainly an Orchestral and Opera conductor, but during the pandemic, when all my prospects and all planned performances suddenly vanished, I picked up composition again after having left my composition studies around 7 years ago. Only this time more in the direction of media composition.
I also teach children with Languages and math online and since a month I teach music theory to people wo are trying to get in one of the Dutch Conservatoires.

1 Like