What is the best harp library today?

I currently use:

• Elysium Harp
  • The Harp in BBCSO
  • The Harp in Pianoteq
  • The Harp in Palette

I have been looking at CineHarp which sounds gorgeous on their demo video, but I would like to know if there is another super high quality option for a harp library? :slight_smile:

I haven’t actually used harps much, and only have Elysium and Palette so far.

One that seems deep-sampled to similar levels as CineHarps is 8Dio Century Harps, and about the same size (per harp) in raw samples. Century “only” has two harps, but they’re complete with all articulations, which doesn’t seem to be the case with CineHarps. I suspect CineHarps might be more polished and de-noised.

1 Like

Certainly not the best but often forgotten is the harp in kontakt. It often find it’s home in my tracks! :slight_smile: Simple but good sounding. I don’t know if there’s a bigger version on VSL to buy.

1 Like

I don’t really care about too many articulations, but more about great sound, dynamic range, round robins and most importantly mic positions.

There’s a library at VSL: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Strings_Complete/Harps
2 harps

1 Like

Thanks, will check it out. :slight_smile:

I always wanted to try Cinematique Instruments Grand Harp. Sounds beautiful. 4 RRs on all but one articulation (muted) and 5 velocity layers.
https://cinematique-instruments.com/pages_instr/inst_grandharp.php

1 Like

Also: If you have an iPad, try using GeoShred as a MIDI controller because you can set custom scales and play harp flourishes exactly as you want them. The harp I end up using most is the VSL one because it’s dry and easy to place.

1 Like

Ah yes I have an ipad, will take a look at that. :slight_smile:

It’s cool for many reasons - one is that you can customize scales that are one thing in one direction and another in another. The only downside is a lack of velocity response. But one could map a cc to velocity, I suppose. I just draw it after.

1 Like

Hello Mike, did yo know Versilian Studios’ Etherealwinds Harp II?
It’s sound is quite good.
You might want to check here: Etherealwinds Harp II

1 Like

I don’t think I have. I’m mainly considering CineHarps right now though as I love the orchestral hall sound of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like