Westworld Spitfire competition entry

I agree Alexey, and I believe mutual respect and acting professional is in my humble opinion a sign of either success, or a person on the way towards success. Those “mean grumpy” people, are often never successful, right?

Also, I believe anyone can even give feedback and suggestions to even heroes like John Williams or Hans Zimmer. Opinions, suggestions, comments with the purpose of trying to make something different…that is what feedback is all about. :slight_smile:

Sadly, this true respect, civility, humility and professional way of treating each other…is something many (as in the majority) of people in the world today seem to have all but forgotten.

And I’ve said it many times…I got tired of this. And created this forum, with the vision of creating a culture of true respect, professional manners, and just plain old being a decent human being! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Definitely. Great points @Mikael!

Just today I let a get past me wh was cycling past me and my dog. Now I was raised to be polite and say thank you if someone did that. This person didn’t even care… and im finding this is the majority these days. It’s not just composers on other forums, this is the REAL pandemic :wink:

1 Like

I guess we have to do what the guy in my favorite satire/parody book series ever did…you know: “The Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, he built a mad house. Only he turned all walls and the roof inside out, because…it was the WORLD that was crazy, and he was the only sane being in it lol.

1 Like

Lol, yes I definitely agree with that. Infact, I’ll get right on it! :wink:

I do feel like composers, true composers like is who breathe music find it extremely hard to understand others and the world. I often feel like we are the only same ones sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Touché, I’ve actually felt like a misfit my entire life. Being a true nerd, an introvert, and of course an artist. But I never even want to fit in with the “normality” of society.

I believe artists (not only musicians and composers) have a very, veeery different way of looking at the world, as well as living in it! :smiley:

1 Like

We have a lot in common. I’ve felt exactly the same Mikael. Infact I’ve often felt like I’m completely in relatable to the outside world. The only difference is I’m almost completely extrovert… the introvert thing actually goes in your favour. Most people relate to being even a little socially awkward… where I seem to throlive from social interactions, which most really don’t understand. Hence why right now, I struggle in lockdown. Motivation is at an all time low due to needing external stimulation.

Though I’m every other way we seem very similar. I’m a total geek, nerd at heart. I almost went to uni to do biology but changed my mind last minute haha.

1 Like

What are you working on now btw?

1 Like

Have a meeting with Siix music coordinator tomorrow. General catch up, but we’re doing a colab for a gargantuan library.

Also have a track to finish for them (hybrid orchestral) and I also have a tv placement track for gargantuan which I need to put forward. If that’s approved then I’ll be steaming and what not all afternoon :sob:

When that’s done I have a project I’m working with a Composer on off here which I’m waiting for the next part to come through. There’s no rush on that though.

Also. A few of my signature sounds are a bit dated now so I’ve been updating them with some newer ones. Finished risers and booms yesterday. Still have wooshes, braams, hits, sig sounds and drones to do.

1 Like

Haha, well at least you have work. :slight_smile:
Think about all those people now that are unemployed (got fired)…I feel blessed personally to have a business completely run on the Internet.

2 Likes

There is a great book (a classic) called “How To Win Friends And Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. I believe there is a good reason, why a lot of people love that book…

You find phrases like: “The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.” or “Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”” or “If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.” or “Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.”

If people would start reading this kinds of books, they would do better overall in their behaviours and comments.

4 Likes

Totally Mikael. Most of what I do relays on royalties but I’m blessed to know that I’ll never run out of things to keep me busy.

1 Like

Haha yes I know the book, it was great. Have you seen the spoof film? “How to lose friends and alienate people” it’s quite funny.

2 Likes

haha, no! :smiley: I need to watch it :smiley:

2 Likes

I actually read that book! :smiley:
Then I gave it to one of my best friends to read it. Now we call it “The Bible” Lol, because it is such pure truth in it. I wish, like you said, more people would truly understand these concepts.

2 Likes

No need to watch the spoof film. I know how it’s done. Go to Facebook, post arrogant “me-centric” stuff and never budge from your opinion, which you of course state as “fact”. Then you can continue by belittling others and boasting your own work. And behold, you lose friends and alienate people! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes I’m not sure why that is. I don’t get even more. The people who belittle others and then never post :joy:

1 Like

Great quote, it’s more difficult to listen to someone else’s opinion than to argue with them, I try to practice this skill and get better at it. :+1:

2 Likes

This is so useful not only in the musican way of life. I need to be in 2 workshops per year to learn how to work with each other, beeing respectful and argue on a professional way. As i was very stubborn in the past sometimes, it has been a very long way to get where i am now.
Beeing respectful is the main part in mankind, but our unpersonal way to communicate via email or facebook puts these goodness more and more in the backgound.
You won’t say ‘idiot’ to somebody who stands in front of you, but its written so quick in a chat or comment in FB…
Believe me, it doesn’t matter if you work as a composer or a software developer, working with, for or even against people is the hardest thing in our work life in my opinion.

2 Likes

Somebody said, i can only learn when i listen, not when im talking. I don’t remember who it was…

2 Likes

I wish it was me…

2 Likes