WELCOME: Start here and Introduce Yourself! =)

Hi composers!
My name is Andrea Amici and I’m a classical trained composer and conductor living in Italy (so, pardon my English! :wink:)
I write music for orchestra, choir, piano, organ, chamber music, electronic music… everything is a new challenge!
I use Logic and Sibelius (often in ReWire mode) and various library, mainly EWQL Composer Cloud.
You can find more informations about me and my music on my web site:
www.musicamultimedia.net
A lot of my music is on my YouTube channel.
There’s also a YouTube Playlist with my portfolio.

3 Likes

Welcome Andrea,
Great to have you join us, and very impressive range of music you write. :slight_smile:

Please do join the discussions in the various sections in the forum, and connect with fellow composers of all styles and from all over the world.

Sincerely,
Mike

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Randall Oelerich and I live in the cold and snowy land of Duluth, Minnesota USA. I started in music playing guitar in high school, but now I like composing music on the computer and with midi keyboards. I like film music primarily, or just orchestral or synthesizer type music without film. I recently complete a series of courses in how to compose music for film and television through Berklee College of Music. I also am enrolled in about 8 of Mike’s courses through Udemy and am really liking Mike’s courses, he has such a great style of teaching through video lessons.

I use Reaper as my DAW, Sibelius and Musescore for notation, and use quite a variety of sample libraries. I have an M-Audio Keystation 61 midi keyboard as well as a Worlde Panda 25 key midi keyboard. Also a Korg nanoStudio midi mixer.

My website with video and audio demo reels of my music is at:
https://randalloelerich.com

My vimeo showcase of lots of scored film scenes is at:
https://vimeo.com/showcase/randalloelerich

3 Likes

Welcome Randall! :slight_smile:
Thank you so much again for your kind words on my teaching, and I am so happy to hear you are learning from my courses. I would like to say I also live in a cold and snowy land, but this is the warmest winter I can remember and I barely seen any snow. Usually I think of Minnesota as the ‘Swedish’ part of USA, because it is very similar in climate and nature, but also because most of the Swedish migrants in the early 1900s went there. Any Swedish heritage still showing around your parts?

I used a lot of DAWs over the years, built PCs over an over, and then fell in love with Logic Pro X. All the top DAWs are great, it’s a matter of what suits your workflow and creative mindset.

PS. I hope you bookmark this website and stick around to join discussions and connect with the composer community. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

Mikael
You have an exceptional talent for teaching by video, I hope you continue to make lots of music teaching videos and courses, you help so many lives be better with your tutorials!

Yes where I live (Minnesota) most surnames are Swedish! Swedish migrants came to Minnesota and so much of our culture revolves around Swedish food, cross country skiing, customs, names, and Lutheran churches are common. I assure you we have plenty of snow here, sigh, too much snow!

I am tempted to try Logic Pro-- I think there is a free version and I might give that a try (Logic First, I think that is the name).

I am going to look for your synthesizer course to go on sale, I will sign up for it when it does!

Randall

2 Likes

You are too kind Randall! :slight_smile:
Indeed I will continue, there is simply so much to cover. No one person can even learn everything about the art of music: composition, theory, production, sound design and so on. But I myself am a life long learner, meaning I have that passion not only to teach, but to learn myself…and continue to do so until I leave this earth. :slight_smile:

Regarding Logic Pro: Honestly I switched to Mac from being a hardcore PC user my entire life, simply because I LOVED the software: Logic Pro X, Final Cut Pro, Screenflow, Affinity Photo and so on. Their software philosophy of user interface and workflow seems to be exactly what I prefer. I used Cubase for 8 years, and after only 1 month using Logic I was already feeling faster and more productive haha.

PS. I just created a special discount coupon for you on my synthesizer fundamentals course: https://www.udemy.com/course/sound-design-on-synthesizers-for-music-production/?couponCode=E35A4724E52C0F4DF02A

1 Like

Thank you so much for the special discount Mikael! I just purchased your synthesizer course, as well as your course in mastering the low end. I have quite a few of your courses now to help me survive a long cold winter!

2 Likes

Thank you Randall,
Btw, I strongly recommend you to get Omnisphere someday in the future. It is my go-to synth/sound design tool ever since I got version 1.0 in 2009. Nothing comes close to its capabilities and versatility imho. :slight_smile:

PS. I am actually waiting for some snow, it’s super strange to be in January without any snow at all outside.

2 Likes

I’ve used logic for a while now - the free version is Garageband which is basically a cut down version of logic pro. Still quite capable but you don’t have things like buses and aux, full blown mixer, event list for midi, track stacks and take folders and full access to plugins and synths etc. I think your limited to how many track you can use and loads more stuff. Its good value for money. The only thing I think is a bit lacking is the built in sampler but there are plenty of good third party samplers out there or you can use Kontakt if you have the full version.

If you like Garageband then you’ll like Logic.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Andre’ and i am new to your site and making music. i desire to learn everything about music as possible so i can make music for Film and T.V… i enjoyed your Udemy lesson so i am following you to learn more. Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello and welcome Andre, I’m glad to have you join the community. Please feel free to explore the different forum sections, start new discussions, ask questions, learn and share knowledge and tips together with fellow composers in the forum. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mike

1 Like

Hi guys my name is Kayo(Ky-yo) Williams.

I have been composing for for films , commercials and digital media for 15 years. My main DAW is Protools HD.

I’m looking forward to creatively sharing!

I’m really looking forward to us all learning from and getting inspired by each other.:movie_camera::musical_score::clapper::clapper::headphones::level_slider:

7 Likes

Welcome Kayo,
Great having you join us in the “Fellowship of Composers” as I like to call this community. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to interact with you in the discussions of all the various topics and sections of the forum.

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of Professional Composers

1 Like

Greetings to all. I’m David Paul Lord and am pleased to become part of what appears to be a helpful and supportive community. I look forward to interacting with fellow composers and hope to inspire and be inspired. If you wish to learn more about me and my music, the simplest way is to access this address: reverbnation.com/davidpaullord

Stay safe during these trying times.

David Paul Lord

4 Likes

Welcome David,
Indeed the focus of this community is friendship, support and motivation. I started the forum since I felt a need to connect with more fellow composers, as it tends to get lonely working in the studio by myself every day haha. Please go ahead and dive into the discussions and topics, ask questions, and connect with people in here. :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mike and I’m a composer, producer, arranger and mobile dj from Baltimore, MD. I have composed music since 2014 and I also started with EDM, but I focus on production of all styles as the flow comes each day. I then complete that track before moving on. So yes, beats of various genres.

I used Logic Pro in 2014 while attending FullSail University and have stuck with it ever since. I am similar to most of the producers who like the creative freedom of working from home. Amazing feeling to create projects for other artists as well.

I enjoy creative freedom so much that I prefer the world of music licensing and libraries more than composing custom music for projects.

You can find me

My First Productions

For Now on this journey, I’m working on my 40.

Sincerely,

Michael “DJMC2T” Bailey

2 Likes

Hello Michael, great having you join us. Do feel free to jump into the discussions, ask questions, and share tips you’ve learned along the way in your journey in music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström

Hello everyone, my name is John Villegas-Grubbs. I started playing the piano at a very young age (4) and have been composing since I was about 12. I composed for paino only until about 20 years ago when I discovered sequencing, but I am still such a beginner. So much to learn. My hope is to continue to compose for symphony, to sample and orchestrate around it, to film Ireland and Spain where I go on pilgrimage every year and to orchestrate around those films. It would combine both my passions. I look forward to being part of your group, and humbly express my gratitude. I am very interested in workshops, course work…anything that will help me learn.

3 Likes

Hello John, glad to see you join the community. Music is a life long journey indeed, and we are all trying to learn and improve in every aspect in here. :slight_smile:

Feel free to jump into the sections, join the discussions, ask questions and have fun connecting with fellow music composers and producers.

Sincerely
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

My name is Val and I live in Buffalo, NY , USA. I am a retired guy and making music is one of my hobbies. My nickname is BuffaloVal and I am learning to create ambient music. I grew tired of Trance and Hip Hop although I can do well in those genres. I use Ableton Live Suite with a Push 1 and an Akai APC Key 25. Besides the synths from Ableton I use Serum and PadShop. I also sometimes use the synths and effects from Computer Music magazine which I have subscribed to for many years. I always looked forward to constructive criticism about my music.

5 Likes