Trio for Flute, Viola and Cello

This is a trio for flute, viola and cello, virtually recorded.

Creative Vision for the Track: The Trio was created for the somewhat unusual ensemble, since there are not so many pieces for these 3 instruments out there. It has been picked up so far by 3 professional ensembles and 2 of them already perform it.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc): the piece consists of 4 parts, each in a different modus (whole tone scale, Dorian scale, 8-tone scale and Zigane scale). The 3 instruments play an equally important role. Due to the modi, the harmonies sometimes sound a little ‘surprising’ or unusual. C is the overall tone center.

Main Instruments used: flute, viola and cello

1 Like

This is fantastic, super fun trio… I’ll definitely be coming back to this one, and as an extension I’m curious about your other work now.

Thanks, William. If you’re interested, you can find most of my (recent) works on Soundcloud and some on Youtube.
My preferred style is Neo-romanticism. But I like classical and baroque style as well (ass you can hear in my “Balletto del’Asino”).
My latest composition (first part) starts with a very baroque-like theme to create an atmospghere of longing to the past. (The second part is almost ready, but I will first create a decent midi mockup before launching it.)

Kindly,
Jos