Stokeline Peaks - Majestic Music Contest

My first thought about the task was what actually means “majestic”. I then looked at youtube channels that I discovered with this keyword. However, I was also pleased about the help and examples on this platform: Deep space nine, Also Spoke Zarathustra (R. Strauss). With these auditory impressions, I continued to search for the literal meaning.
After a long search I finally found my version.
By majestic I mean the sublime and I use it primarily for emotional experiences in human interaction with nature. The sublime is the oversized and immeasurable, it is wonderful to look at, but it also inspires fear. However, it is not the terrible and the evil. Still is an experience of strength and greatness.
Accordingly, my musical version is the representation of the sublime in nature.
My composition takes about 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
It consists of three tempo changes and is mainly 90bpm.
The entire composition develops a simple harmonic structure from which the composition gains its strength and course. The harmony is Amoll in F major, C major and G major.
My melody is simply simple and maybe singable and with luck easy to remember.
These four harmonic stations last for 6 minutes because the instrumentation changes frequently. The formal process consists of contrasts and intensification.
The beginning is Am F D Am
The middle part at the F C G
the increase hm G D A
The conclusion at the F C G
It’s not really that complicated, but I want the effect.
The instrumentation is typical for an orchestra but I have added some effects: Riser, Braams, Single piano tone, whooshes,
So it’s a hybrid orchestral piece.

VST:
cinematic studio strings, Jaeger, damage one, true strikes, spitfire audio woodwind, Diva,
audio imperia, singularity, factory sound, Forzo, cinesamples, metropolis ark 2

Stokeline Peaks

5 Likes

Wow, the beginning, those tension “high drone” strings and the warm horns, with added sparse percussion for accent. And then the brass opens up in that truly majestic way. Really majestic introduction! :smiley:

It then transitioned to a more mellow, emotional and beautiful mood, before the “majestic” vibe comes back in full glory. And the orchestration and overall sound gets thicker.

Great job on this one Klaus! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your nice comment on this one.

1 Like

You are german? In Swedish it is also “moll” = minor. I noticed you wrote “moll” in your description. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh yeah that´s right. I live in germany. And I think everyone understand the symbol “m” or moll. For me it is ok.

1 Like

I love your percussion! And the brass instrumentation really runs with the majestic theme. Your section transitions are really unique. I like the use of the soft piano where you can hear the felt for your mellow section. I usually try to make my piano sound like it’s on a stage with the orchestra, distant from the audience. So I appreciate it when someone uses a piano with detail that you aren’t likely to hear from far away because it pulls you in for a feeling of intimacy. I like it. Great job!

1 Like

I found the drier percussion in the intro part somewhat misplaced. To me it sounded as if a rock drummer would have played the hits in a studio rather than them being part of what percussionist would have played in an orchestra. The string parts sounded too synth like to me.

The constant note in the middle of the tune was too much and started to be really annoying. Maybe this is on purpose but I think it cannot be this long on the same volume all the time (or at least very little variation in the volume: maybe it actually gets louder when more other elements join in).

I find majestic elements in this piece.

1 Like

Wow - what a visual you choose! Great pick. The intro and middle big orchestra part very cool. For me, it felt like it took a little too long to get to the piano offbeat section. I like the different emotions you bring together for the various sections and on the journey.

Great job.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment. I will take a listen to your orchestral piece as soon as possible, but I am very busy these days. I just had a quick listen to your composition.

1 Like

Very nice job Klaus! So many emotions you put into this one; majestic, inspirational, reflective. Not only did you capture the majesty of nature, it made think, “Where do I fit into the grand scheme of the universe?” Loved the horn ostinato part when you were transitioning into the build up.

1 Like

For me it is a complex mixture of feelings, where majestic is really not the most important one, but the result is very nice.
About the video I can say that it is beautiful but, with a song with different phases it is strange for me when the scene doesn’t change with music that changes. I mean, when I match the events to the music music, if the music changes widely, events in the video should change too, in some way.
Beautiful piece. :ok_hand: