Sad Music Contest - Addiction

Hello, my name is Ant and this is my entry to the Sad Music Contest.
Track title Addiction
Funny enough during my process of composing this peace, it was raining outside.
Anytime I felt I’m out of ideas I just looked out the window.
I was going for the kinda sad almost mellow feel with a bit of drama.
Just Piano with Logic stock strings. I started out composing music using logic stock sounds.
Anyway, please enjoy and let me know what you all think.

1 Like

Great sound with the piano. Very beautiful. the rain in the background is an awesome idea

1 Like

Thank you very much :smile:

Nicely done. Piano sound works very well and is appropriate. I like the bg rain effect that quickly establishes the mood (along with the photo), although I’m not clear how that ties to the addiction title.

The piece is quite lovely as it is, here are some thoughts for feedback:

• the string sustains might have been nice going with a bigger wet stereo effect and soundscape for a dramatic effect and contrast.
  • pulling the bg sound effect out altogether with the string obstinate entrance would be a nice subtle way to draw the listener in at that point.
  • It felt like you were holding back with the strings overall and I think it would have been quite moving if you had gone bigger. This would have contrasts nicely with the great violin note held and quiet reprise of the piano and dissonance and effect at the end.
1 Like

Thank you very much!
And also big thank you for the great feedback :smile:

1 Like

Sad atmosphere. Well chosen elements. In my opinion, strings are a little too loud and break the mood given by the piano.
Your piece match perfectly with the topic. Good job.

1 Like

Thank you so much :smile:

1 Like