Relaxing with butterflies

A little ambience track : relaxing with butterflies in the stomach.
Comments and feedack are most welcome.

8 Likes

This is really fantastic I really like it very much so relaxing and nice melody
boy wish I could do anything like that awesome :grinning:

Thank you very much Brian. :v:

1 Like

Love the contrast between the 2 different piano sounds. How they answer each other. Anyway that’s how I interpreted it. I really enjoyed it. I liked the mix of everything.
Dave

3 Likes

Thank you Dave. Actually I’m using 3 pianos sounds. For most part, Olafur Arnalds Grand Felt Piano from Spitfire and Ascend from Heavyocity and in the B section, the high ostinato is from The Giant Cinematic from NI.

2 Likes

Love it!

Really enjoy that ambient Ólafur Arnold’s piano in the background. Really adds another dimension without taking too much of the focus off the foreground.

2 Likes

Yeah! I really love this piano. It sounds gorgeous.

1 Like

Daniel - nice job. Love the subdued hypnotic sustained pad that very slowly swirls! You might like to check out Piano in Blue by Cinesample for this style of track, it has a great vibe as well.

Brandon

1 Like

Thank you Brandon, this is much appreciated. It’s funny that you talk about Cinesamples piano 'cause this week, I bought CinePiano (it’s on special now) and was a bit disapointed. I find that my much less expensive Addictive Keys sounds way better. Hopefully, I’ll find a use for it. From the demo, it looks like Piano in blue was designed for a jazzier sound.

Daniel

Yeah, I didn’t care for the cinesample piano either. Piano in Blue is much more useable. I like how you can dial in the dynamic and feel of it for various mood using midi cc. Ie. mellow for verse section, brighter for chorus, etc. Some great reverbs included with it as well as well as optional tape noise, pedal sounds. Here is a piece where I used it used extensively for demo: https://soundcloud.com/brandowalk/pianoscape-1

Cheers,
Brandon

I agree Piano in Blue sounds much better. Nice piece. Love the chromatic descent over the arpeggiated vamp at the end.

Regards
Daniel

2 Likes

This was really nice! The ambience underneath really wraps around you and pulls you in while the pianos feel like they’re rising out of it to grab your attention.

2 Likes

Thank you Kris. Welcome to the community! Hope to hear some of your music soon.

Cheers
Daniel

It is ok. The song is very well done.
But really, I don’t know if the link takes me to a different song than the rest but, I can not consider this as a relaxing song. No way. Intense background, increasin melody, pulsating bells,…It is a tension ambient. :flushed:
I like your song very much but I think it is not related with the topic.

1 Like

Thank you.
The title is Relaxing with butterflies (in the stomach) and the intent was to express a kind of relaxed tension. In that sense I think I’ve succeeded. But you’re right it is not a honeyed relaxing tune.