Oh my God the POWER (iMac Pro)

Is that BBC orchestra you are using as your main toolkit now?

I don’t know yet! This week I’m starting a big project, and I’m going to attempt to use BBC as my anchor. I will report back.

1 Like

Awesome, what’s the big project if you are at liberty to mention anything about it? :slight_smile:

This project is actually a kind of dream come true for a John Williams worshiper like me. I’m scoring a Star Wars fan fiction audio play for a YouTuber. It will be as long as a feature, so I basically get to score a Star Wars feature. The music has to be totally original, but sound like Star Wars. The YouTuber has a lot of subscribers so it’ll be a lot of exposure for me.

1 Like

I’ve been “collecting themes” lately. We want to capture the spirit of original trilogy Star Wars, when JW was infusing his scores with all these amazing singable motifs, as well as capturing the harmonic sophistication. It’s going to stretch my abilities to the max, and I plan on supplementing the samples with a mini orchestra of 10-14 live players.

Wow, that is so cool! I hope this will be a huge break for you! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks man! You know, I definitely want the career break, but lately I’ve had a shift in my desires, and I am more focused on just creating great music, so that when I leave this world I will leave behind something musically significant. I just want to create something amazing. I plan on selling this collection as an “original soundtrack” album just as if it were a real Star Wars film, and hope Star Wars fans will love it and feel that it captures the authentic spirit, as well as perhaps bringing a bit of myself into it.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not John Williams, but what better way to try to get closer to the master than by stretching to try to match him?

Indeed, and creating art is why we make music in the first place. Our love for creating something we are proud to share with the world! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had to choose between getting paid decent money for scoring (which I don’t), and feeling that I Have fully maximized my abilities and become the composer and pianist I always dreamed I could be, I would choose the second one easily.

Hopefully it won’t be either-or. But the good news is that the one I want most is the one I control.

2 Likes