Mike "Ambient Music Course" Final Assignment Composition

TRACK DESCRIPTION:
As a final composition for the course I decided to find myself some visual references to compose on and I picked some Skyrim Landscapes and muted them… then I started composing on the images alone.

Of course I didn’t want to “copy” the sounds from the game and I also wanted some “synth” elements to be in there to really make it my own.

COMPOSITION DETAIL:

this is a 2 minute hybrid piece with both orchestral and synthe sounds. It’s at 80 BPM and 4/4. I composed it in the Key of A Major.

INSTRUMENTS USED:

As for the instruments I started with the free “rainmaker” instrument for the rain atmosphere then I created myself a pad for the Chords using ANA2 and mixing togeter a couple of samples and a juno wave. After that I went on to add some lows using Trombones and Horns and added a slow melody with layered violins and violas.

All Orchestral Instruments are from Sonivox Film Score Companion.

On this I then added some vocals that I pushed back with reverb and another “moving” pad to make the high end a little fuller as it was seeming lacking to me.

MUSIC:

5 Likes

Sounds lovely Luca! :slight_smile:
I really like the ‘washy’ synth vibe, and with the added background atmospheric sound and slow movement it really feels ambient and moody. The distant vocals was a nice touch btw. Great job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Job Luca! :smiley:

1 Like

@Geoffers @Mikael thanks :slight_smile:

Now I’ll probably spend a little time on some different kind of music and after that I’ll start the emotional music course.

At some point I’ll ahve to consider buying the action one xD

2 Likes

this is what the last day of 2020 will sound like “thank you for joining the ride, on to new beginnings”

i like the background sound effect matching the wavy trees cool effect. good track!