Library music research. can you help?

Hey everyone.

I hope you are doing well. I’m currently making notes to write a small ebook on writing for trailer and tv. Nothing too intense, but more designed to help that person who is just getting into the industry and would appreciate the roadmap.

My vision for this book is that it would also include quotes from the average composer right up to the most seasoned of writers.

So my question is this, if you are happy for me to use your quote that is.

What would be a piece of advice regarding writing in these style, or approaching a sync library, or anything within this process that you think a new writer would be if it from knowing.

Examples

Writing: layering specific libraries that just work, EQ tips etc.

Sync: PRO stuff, good places to pitch to from experience, general experiences that were either good or bad.

Or literally anything useful.

I’m keeping this open. But if you do want to take part in this, if you send me an email I’ll forward you a copy of the ebook when it’s finished as a small token of my thanks. Also, let me know if you are happy to use your name, if not then just include “anon” and I’ll know not to include your name. 🙂

This is just a small project that I do once a year in support of the community I run who ask about this stuff.