Land of Nagrand (music contest oct 2019)

Hello
here is my composition for the october contest
for this track i have used :

• ensemble string con soirdino
  • double bass harmonic sound
  • etheral voices
  • wind chime
  • tic tac clock sound
  • desert wind
  • juno 60 pad

the tempo is 72 Bpm, i use only black key for this composition to bring a special color

thanks for listening

5 Likes

Hey nice! The con sordinos are (the start is so cool) a bit too hursh (for me) for con sordino - maybe play/program them softer and then - raise the volume? All the best, Adam

1 Like

hello perhaps it is because the string are doubled with the juno60 pad, the con sordino bring a color and the synthetic sound of the juno60 added to the string con sordino create a string colored with the con sordino caracteristic

1 Like

Hi there Florent,Iam one that very unskilled skills at this point all music
but I am trying to learn to just listen
For details
72bmp is just right me :wink:
I love the opening how it raises up in volume
As I turn up mine volume up I think I am hearing that desert wind you might of put in there in the background even before the opening
Is that right or incorrect?

yep you’re rigth desert wind is in the background, it brings something nearly natural like wind

1 Like

Florent sorry for dumb questions but is this kind of wind idea used to glue the rest of it together meaning when there are any kind of rest or slight break during the progressions
The wind is there moving right along filling in ?

hello

in fact for the wind what i want to add is just a pseudo natural feeling as if you are in the land , you can feel the wind on your face, through the tree and crossing the landscape
the music is in front to describe the landscape, the wind is just a sound artefac or accessory

2 Likes

Love the synth and strings together - very film score esque. Lovely track

2 Likes

thank you so much Phil
you are right the string and synth can create very interresting sound color for composition

2 Likes

Really transporting the landscape vibe. Very interesting melody, sounds familiar with a certain twist.

2 Likes