✅ Join the String Arrangement Contest

Join the Composer Contest on “String Arrangement” (ends Feb 1)
You can do whatever style of music you want, as long as you write a full string arrangement for it, meaning: basses, cellos, violas and violins.

Learn How to write for Strings in my course here

How to Join the Contest

Prizes

IMPORTANT: A big aspect of these music challenges is to encourage comments and feedback. The winner will be decided by a poll afterwards. Good luck, and have fun composing music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

6 Likes

What timing! I was just rewriting/rearranging a previous string choir piece of mine that I found a waaaaay older sketch of a couple of days ago, but now I’ve decided to adds some French and English horns :smile:

This will be a challenge since writing only for strings is a bit tougher than it sounds. Going to have to brush up on my 4 part harmony and counterpoint!

1 Like

@Mikael - great idea for this month’s contest! Happy New Year.

1 Like

Hi Mike, just want to ask if the rule for this is a STRINGS ONLY piece, in any style, or is it ANY STYLE with any other instruments, as long as it has a full string section?

1 Like

Yeah I thought about that after your first comment, but I honestly had in mind a full composition…as long as you focus on a full string arrangement within it overall. So yes, do feel free to include other instruments. :slight_smile:

1 Like