✅ Join the Sad Music Contest (Aug 2020)

Join the Composer Contest on “Sad Music” (ends September 1)

How to Compose Sad Music

How to Join the Contest

Prizes for the Top 3 Winners

What is “Sad Music”?
Well that is up to you as a composer to choose with your creative freedom, however you can use these keywords as guidelines:

• Emotional
  • Tragic
  • Melancholic

PS. A big aspect of these composer challenges is to encourage comments and feedback. The winner will be decided by a poll afterwards. Good luck, and have fun composing music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

7 Likes

Love these contests Mikael! Do these need to be 100% original or can I do a cover? I have in mind a piano piece that I’d like to expand with different orchestration.

1 Like

Sure do a cover if you want Matt! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Now that I say that, sitting at my piano, I may have come up with something…when you give me a theme and deadline, I seem to get ideas faster! :+1:

3 Likes

Nice! Will have a go :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

Great Joel. Make us sad! :wink:

:point_up:Btw @Mikael. Surely you have already planned the following monthly contests…, but I think the good Morricone deserves an homage. :pray:

3 Likes

Ah that is an excellent suggestion, and of course you are right, he was one of the true masters of music composition in our lifetime! I will definitely think of something. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

100% agree. It would be challenging and fun.

1 Like

I’m not having a good time with this, I’m afraid… Three concepts so far, but I’m just not operating in the right frequency range for this theme right now. This is one style of writing where the vision/story approach is absolutely essential, and I just can’t seem to do it right now. Too much “real life” pressure, and I can’t focus.

4 Likes

David, I send you some force and light from a fellow. The sensitiveness of a creator is a blessing, but also make us feel intensely. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you! Indeed, it’s a delicate balance…

1 Like