✅ Join the Action Music Contest (July 2020)

Join the Composer Contest on “Action Music” (ends August 1)
Learn How to compose Action Music - Click here

How to Join the Contest

Prizes for the Winner:

Bonus for Top 5 Entries:
Your track will be featured in a blog post on: professionalcomposers.com

What is “Action Music”?
Well that is up to you as a composer to choose with your creative freedom, however you can use these keywords as guidelines:

• Action & Energy
  • Momentum & Accents
  • Dramatic & Intense

PS. A big aspect of these composer challenges is to encourage comments and feedback. The winner will be decided by a poll afterwards. Good luck, and have fun composing music! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of this Community

12 Likes

Here is one of my compositions you can use for inspiration and motivation! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

How fun! Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: Looking forward to compose, learn and listen to all the music! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I find that challenges like this is a great incentive to learn with a “mission” and purpose. Looking forward to hear what you come up with Anna. Remember, everyone that enters is a winner in the sense of learning and improving by doing! :smiley:

3 Likes

Right, so I didn’t get around to do the Jurassic Park thing. Too much going on, but at least, I practiced quite a bit on the cello and violin, made substantial progress, especially on the violin. Part of this “not getting around to recording stuff” is setting the bar too high, but OTOH, I tend to make the most progress when trying to do something that’s almost impossible.

Now, vacation coming up, and I think I’m going to focus more on spiccato, ricochet, trills, runs and stuff like that for a bit. Not sure why… :wink:

4 Likes

Hi Mikael, can we post new track that we have done just 1 week ago, but before this contest, and that where never published here before? I too missed the post about Jurassic Park because I was on that song project of mine. At worst, I will have to compose another action track, haha, which is one of my favorite genres anyway. Just to be sure if it is accepted, as I read “no old track are allowed”

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello Jonathan, sure as long as the creation and publish date of your track is during this month July, the whole point is to compose a new track with the theme and guidelines of the contest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great contest Mike!! Looking forward to listening to the works.

It is important, I think, having a contest always on going.

Thank you.

Jorge

4 Likes

Agree with you Jorge! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice! First contest I entered was the West World one.
I had fun making that, so This one will be great!

Without the picture cues of WW, I’m very much looking forward to hearing everyone’s interpretations too.

2 Likes

Good news: Yesterday, I finally figured out what to do for this contest.
Bad news: I still have no idea what I’m doing in this genre… :smiley:

1 Like

LOL, just add some “booms and bangs” and you’ll be fine! :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: Well, you could just do an all percussion piece–30 second trailer music is legit, I suppose

Braaaaaam, Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, don’t forget the braaaaaaaam :smiley:

1 Like

Yes! About time to add some booms, bangs, and braams - though I’m going to need somewhat… demonic versions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go grab Project Sam’s Free Orchestra. There are some from Pandora that are amazing!

1 Like

I think i used them in my project, they are awesome.

1 Like

I used ProjectSAM free orchestra in my action piece–cool brass/string clusters that work well for dark sounds!

1 Like