How to Promote your Music Compositions online?

Hello Composers, Mike here! :smiley:

What can you do to promote your music online, to reach more people and listeners? Here are some ways I can recommend, but please share your own tips in a new post on this thread! =)

YouTube Channel

• Having your own YouTube channel where you can both publish your music compositions, as well as more personality based content like VLOGs, behind the scenes etc. can be a great way to reach new fans. Also, riding on other waves by doing covers and remixes on famous tracks is often better when you are building your channel. Music videos will always be more appealing than a simple background image when you post music, since YouTube is a visual platform.

Live Streaming

• Streaming live performances, behind the scenes content, fan interactions and hangouts, practice sessions on your instruments of choice, or even live composing and producing videos can work great as this is pushed heavily in the algorithm of every social media platform. Just make sure to engage with your viewers! =)

Now please share your own tips on how to promote your music online in a new post on this thread! =)

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

1 Like

I’m not really great at promoting but I’ve noticed that to get more subscribers and interactions on youtube. You need to take the time to comment on tons of videos on the topic you enjoy.
It pays off in the end and you get to listen to great music on the way.

Collaborations help too, and it’s a great way to learn new styles and tricks.

1 Like

You also do very cool visuals for your music which I think helps! :wink:
But yeah collaborations are very effective too.

1 Like