How to Compose Ambient Music (Create Worlds of Sound)

Your Adventure in Ambient Music Composition

Check out the Course: Ambient Music Composition

Ambient%20Music%20Composition%20-%20Website%20Image

Hello Composers, Mike here. And you are about to go on a new learning adventure. Your destination for this journey, is to learn the secrets of how to compose ambient and atmospheric music.

YOU WILL LEARN

1. The Foundations of Ambient Music
  2. The Golden Guidelines of Ambient Music
  3. The Sounds & Colors of Ambient Music

Start your Adventure today: Ambient Music Composition

7 Likes

Awesome! I will definitely purchase and go through the course. Thanks Mikael!

2 Likes

That’s great Joseph,
Btw, if interest is high I will consider doing a series of courses focused on one particular style/mood of music. :slight_smile:

PS. I already have 2 such courses released from earlier (Corporate Music, and Cinematic Action Music).

I think that is an excellent idea. I will take them all.

1 Like

It seems to be a very nice practical approach to learning, focusing on a specific genre/style of music at a time. :slight_smile:

Mike I went ahead and just pickup Your course on this
This would be mine very first course of Yours
I hoping it will help me understand more about Ambient Music
and get basic start on how to create it

been looking at how music and colors effect the brain very interesting
It would be very useful to know what are the colors of 12 notes from the scale or it this not possible ?
anyway maybe I can use info to create some Ambient Sound Scapes we’ll see

1 Like

That’s great, always keep learning, either on your own or with the help of courses, books, guides etc. We never stop learning, that’s the beauty of it all. :slight_smile:

Since you have Logic, I recommend starting with Alchemy, then go into the categories like soundscapes, atmospheres, pads etc. You can do lots of sound design in atmospheric music, such as extreme EQ and filters on sounds, as well as movement insert FX like tremolo, auto-panning etc. Never be afraid to experiment Brian, and I hope you will come up with a final track to use as an entry for the Ambient Music contest.

1 Like

Mike ,
Just wondering when does this contest end?
:grinning:

All through October, so there’s plenty of time to cook something together :wink:

1 Like

Just working my way through this at the moment. Hopefully get something done for the competition

1 Like

That’s great Phil, and remember…there are many “styles/vibes” of ambient music, so just go with one of your choice and make a complete track. Imho as long as we keep making music, we are all winners! :wink:

1 Like