Four finished Star Wars pieces

These 4 pieces are complete for the YouTube fan-fiction I’m scoring. They’re mocked up with live instruments added.

I used Esessionstrings.com for these. Pablo does a terrific job, and you get a lot for your money. All these pieces have 3 performances each of V1, V2, Viola and Cello, plus live flute and trumpet. There’s a little bit of live trombone and live F horn too, but only in spots.

The creative vision here is to create original music that sounds like Star Wars, but isn’t just a rip-off or a copy, and still has some elements of my own uniqueness in it. Also, there’s a plan eventually to release the full project as an OST album.

Hope you all love it and I’m happy to answer any and all questions.

https://rcrft.co/reel/ComposerEverett/ThorytimeGroupShare

7 Likes

Oh wow, I have been waiting for this Everett. You are the only composer I know that really focuses on that classic Star Wars sound, and do so incredibly well! :smiley:

1 Like

I should emphasize there are many more pieces that aren’t complete. I don’t know if I’ll have the money to add live players to them all, but I hope so.

The actual fan fiction is months from being ready. I’m ahead of them all!

1 Like

Awesome! I especially love The Menace Reveals Itself. I could easily picture it in a Star Wars scene. Are you scoring to locked scenes or are you writing these as themes that you will alter later when the filming and editing catches up to you?

Thanks! And these are pre-written and will be fit to the scene later. There will have to be some connective music written to help that happen.

1 Like

Really excellent Everett! I especially liked the love theme, as I have just tried writing one myself in the Golden Age style. I think you captured that sound perfectly. Congrats!

Thanks Matt! I actually think love themes are my very strongest area. I would sure love to hear yours!

2 Likes

As you know from before I love your work. This is so wonderful to hear. This is the kind of work where there wouldn´t be any idea searching for anything to improve, cause there aren´t any to find. You can just lean back and enjoy. Is it possible to buy the love theme separate?

Aw man you’re so kind to me! I’ll send you an mp3 of it. Gimme an email address!

1 Like

fdbyggab@telia.com

Thought I´d use it as referencetrack

Cool! I’m out of the studio now, but will send when I get home. Thanks again for making me feel so appreciated and supported!! It really means so, so much to me.

1 Like

Here you go. It’s very short since I just didn’t have the time or energy to make a longer version. I’m trying to write Main Title theme, Love Theme and and Ending Credits theme in the Golden Age Style, but I keep getting sidetracked to other projects :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I also kept not getting around to writing these pieces until I had a project that actually demanded them. I don’t have time for practice writing these days, and I dropped out of the Berklee online sequence because of that.

Oh, and I will listen in a few minutes…

1 Like

Congrats. This sounds great. Really professional level. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh no I forgot to return to this thread and left you guys hanging…I will get back to it in a while, after feeding my horses!

1 Like

(Late to the party - my life is… a bit chaotic, currently.)

Obviously, this style is right up my alley in the first place, so of course I would enjoy it - but wow… Brilliant writing and orchestration!

And indeed, the real instruments sound amazing, and are definitely worth it. (I mean… Of course there’s nothing like the real thing, but I’m starting to hear things differently lately.)

2 Likes

Matt, I am really sorry I kept forgetting to respond to this piece. I need to visit this terrific forum more often! Your love theme is really impressive. All the twists and key changes and such are really pleasing to me, and they’re connected so well by the melody.

2 Likes

Thanks so much David. Yeah, the real instruments thing…and strangely I’m feeling this way more even as I think my pure mockups, with no real instruments, are sounding better and better too.

It’s like the value of real instruments is not in that they sound more real. It’s something else. I’m not even that interested in “real” versus “fake” anymore. I’m after something else–like, the right feel, the right phrasing, and more distinct articulations. It’s something that makes the music more affecting. And it’s not just in the fact that it sounds “real,” or that it’s crossed the “mockup uncanny valley” and can fool a person into thinking a real orchestra sat and played it. Those things almost don’t matter. Live players bring something more important than that.

2 Likes

Hey man, I finally sent you a copy. I have really neglected this thread. I’m sorry guys!

1 Like