Epic music TITAN

hello guys this is my new song i hope you like it! any criticism is welcome! This song is inspired by hyperion titan from Greek mythology. here there is col legno, taikos, 2 single horns, 1 brass ensemble, 4 groups of choirs, 3 groups of split strings. 1 piano etc etc. I am novice en mix and mastering… but I put filtre eq reberd, límite , compresor, paneo, etc in all instruments.

4 Likes

Hi @Caosdeluz,

tell me a bit about your background and the purpose of that song. It’s often difficult to give proper feedback, if there is no information about you, your song, why you did, for what you did, what you wanted to achieve, where you took the inspiration, etc.

I could write lot’s of things about this track, but it would help to know more of your background :wink:

Kind regards,
Alexey :slight_smile:

Sorry I am New. My mame is Emanuel from Argentina and iam a novice composer. This song is inspired by hyperion titan from Greek mythology. here there is col legno, taikos, 2 single horns, 1 brass ensemble, 4 groups of choirs, 3 groups of split strings. 1 piano etc etc. I am novice en mix and mastering… but I put filtre eq reberd, límite , compresor, paneo, etc in all instruments. thats ok?

1 Like

Yeah! That’s how I like it @Caosdeluz!

Now I have much more information about you, so it’s much easier to say the right things, so you can improve :slight_smile:

But, before I do it, I would like to know, if you have a special purpose with this track. Do you want that I will be synced / placed somewhere, trailer, tv, etc.? Or you just want to make a couple of tracks for yourself and see where it goes?

not really I don’t do music to sell anywhere … I only do it because I like it. As I said before I am an Argentine novice composer without music studies … I learned to play the keyboard alone and to compose alone. I make music so that people feel the same as me when watching a video image etc. It’s my passion. I love soundtrack and I love to make music

Any criticism is welcome. There are no bad reviews. I appreciate your listening and I await your response. don’t be afraid to criticize me tell me everything you think. So you help me improve

I would like to one day be able to pay for an orchestra from Argentina and that play a song of mine that would be beautiful just to listen to my real instruments. But I’m not looking for anything commercial just for people to listen to me

Sounds cool to me @Caosdeluz!

Well, I could write a lot of things, I heard your other compositions as well. What I would suggest to you:

1. As you write “Epic Music”. Take three top epic music composers you like, 3 tracks…and analyze these tracks. The arrangement, the build and falls, the instruments used, the sound effects used, what harmonies, how “ostinatos” and melodies are combined, etc. it sounds really boring, I know, but I believe it’s the only way to improve YOUR music, your compositions and your ideas, because you can copy many good things and make them your own.

2. Learn to NOT repeat yourself. I think a lot of your music is too much repetition and based on the same loop basically. What you can do about it: Learn other harmonies as I - VI - IV, etc. A good method is actually to make a composition which doesn’t use the “standard” harmonies and evolves in harmonies and sounds, where people never would have thought you would even go there. What it makes is, that you go outside your “loop”, which contains the same harmonies and chords. Even if you stay in the same chords, make sure to always present new sounds, instruments and colors.

3. Mixing is another topic, which will take a lot of hours, days and years to learn. But for the beginning, the best advice I would give is, make sure your arrangements sound as simple as they can sound, but on the other side, all instruments have always a “meaning” in the composition and not because you want to make it sound fatter and bigger. Epic music isn’t necessarily about 80 tracks running at the same time. I believe it’s more about the super simplicity, even if you play only one instrument at a time. A good mix will always sound good if you have a good arrangement. You will be surprised if I tell you that you don’t need an EQ on ALL of your tracks. If the frequencies are not colliding, you don’t need an EQ. Sometimes it’s easier to cancel a note, and not making an EQ move. Besides that focus on the music more than on the technical side. You don’t need 1000s effects to make a great track. If you know what you are doing, you can make a great track with one EQ and volume automation. Sometimes it’s all that it takes to make the music sound more real.

If you have any questions, we are here to help! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Alexey :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jlx_music Thanks for listening and thanks for answering, if my compositions are very repetitive but I think this is not so much or yes? my first songs are horrible please don’t listen to that … listen to the last 5 or 6. I’m slowly trying to improve. I’m going to do what you tell me. Thank you very much for your help and when I do another topic can I tag you? Pd: my English is very bad :frowning: sorry for that.

1 Like

@Caosdeluz, sure you can Emanuel!

Your english is as good as mine, I understand you :slight_smile: no worries, just keep going and it will be all fine! :slight_smile: I do many mistakes as well, but most importantly that we keep going!

1 Like

Hello, I discovered this piece of music here. I loved it. It’s full of energy and power. The percussion hits are intense, the strings stand out with a rhythmic figure, and winds fight against.
Right at the beginning everyone is equally represented and also a choir participates. What I miss is a musical build up of all the parts or the theme or the mood. Maybe it needs another shift of power. When will sound what instruments. There is no further increase. The intro is already as energetic as the final part. This is my opinion.

Greetings
Klaus Ferretti