Discord - lets talk about that!

Hey folks, I’m seeing many many more creators jumping over to discord.

Up until today I’ve kept quite shaded by this but now that there seems to be a LOT more non-gamers picking this up I decided to take a look, and it looks great.

How many of you are using this, is it something that is actually going to take over? What are your thoughts?

It’s a chat platform based on topic-based servers. Basically what IRC-chats was all about in the 90s…but revamped in a modern interface with more features! :stuck_out_tongue:

It should not come as a surprise to anyone in here that I am much more a fan of organized and searchable content…thus a forum like this! :wink:

2 Likes

Yes very true. Same here, though I’m more interested in if it’s worth setting up :smiley:

1 Like

I created an account, tried it, never logged in ever again.
Perhaps you will like it more than I did? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We will see. I’m not doing it yet. Too much on and today wasn’t productive at all!

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of noise about Discord popping up around the place too. Or at least, I heard a lot of noise a while back but nothing recently!

To me it looks a lot like those old chatrooms - remember when you’d type a website address in wrong and end up in the “weird” parts of the internet? :laughing:

But “chatrooms” (under new names) seem to be really growing in popularity again - whether it’s Slack groups, Twitter chats, Discord, etc.

And just so that this post isn’t one massive ramble, I’ll pose a question: do you think many film composers (or aspiring film composers) are using Discord? That’s the real question WE need to ask I guess!

1 Like

:joy: I have no idea where your talking about… gulp :wink:

I’m not sure if loads are but I know of 6 fairly big you tubers and streamers who boast fairly big followings… (devoted fans of around 40 apparently)… o mean if they’re devoted to the brand that makes it worth it but I’m not sure.

1 Like

:laughing:

It’ll be interesting to see how it develops, that’s for sure!

1 Like