Covid March Nineteen

Track Description: An orchestral march with only the instruments that appear in a classical orchestra.

My Creative Vision : I play some piano myself. When I wanted to do an exercise from an old piano book by Antoine Gilis, I liked that little piece so much that I decided to try to transfer it to an orchestra.

This was the very first composition I made. I used the original melody, added a variation myself and then made an arrangement of it. I learned a lot about orchestration in a course from Mr. Rovshan Asgarzade.
(Donā€™t know if I may put a link here to that course?)

Because of Covid I have been at home a lot and that triggered me to start with Orchestration. Thatā€™s why it calls ā€œCovid March Nineteenā€ and in my mind I see Covid just marching away :slight_smile:

Composition Overview : The composition C Major

Main Sounds : I created this with Presonus Notion 6 and used the original soundbank from Notion. There are no plugins used, only the onboard reverb.
So everything you here is traight out of the box!

I hope You enjoy it.

Thanks for listening.

My wife and I listened to this together. We both enjoyed it. I liked the way you kept building on the theme.

Dear,
Iā€™m glad you enjoyed my composition ā€˜Covid March Nineteenā€™.
Thank you.
Greetings Frank

I always thought if COVID had a theme song itā€™d just be a single track running 525,600 Minutes of just a single sustained wet fart.

Joking aside, itā€™s a wonderful piece of work. The way it grows is well done.

Ha Ha šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Actually you are right.

Of course I wrote this piece during the lockdown and I had the feeling of ā€˜when is this going to go away!ā€™

Thatā€™s how the idea came up to write a march for Covid so that they would leave quickly.

Glad you liked it.

Have a nice evening.

Frank

I enjoyed the piece - I liked the build-up throughout and the marching drums at the end

Did you try this in a minor key at all? C Major seems too happy for lockdowns :slight_smile:

Great work though

Hi Douglas,
thatā€™s a good idea. A Minor scale might sound even better. Iā€™m going to transpose this piece and then elaborate it in my DAW with good samples.
What youā€™ve heard now is the composing stage in Presonus Notion 6 right out of the box.
Iā€™m glad you liked it.
Thanks for the idea. :wink:
Frank

1 Like