it was a funny coincident that I started working on a Christmas track, just a day before Mike announced the new Contest so I’m already here with my entry to the contest already.
I imagined Santa’s workshop at Northpole and his elves quality-checking old-fashioned wooden Christmas toys at their conveyor belt (thus the clockwork ticking). Then, after the first half, when the key changes, the boring work is done, the Toys are being loaded in Santa’s Sleigh and after that -when the more adventurous Brassy part starts- our big, beardy friend (not me ) starts flying away.
Constant 4/4 in 120BPM. I start the piece alternating between Bm and B° and switch to an alternation of C# and C#° in the third third.
I decided to use a lot of Woodwinds again, as they give us the magical touch we already discovered in the last Contest
- Hollywood Brass (Trumpet, Horns, Trombones)
- Hollywood Harp
- Hollywood Orchestral Percussion (Timpani, Sleigh Bells, Glockenspiel, Cymbals)
- Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds (Piccolo, Flute, Alto Flute, Clarinet, Contrabass Clarinet, Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon, Contrabassoon)
- Hollywood Strings (Violas, Celli, Basses)
- Symphonic Choirs
- StormDrum 3 (Clockwork)
- Goliath (Tubular Bells)
- Metropolis Ark1 (Violins)
- Damage2 (Big Drums, Snares)
- Forzo (Tubas)