Best Woodwind VST Plugins & Sample Libraries

Hello Composers, Mike here! :smiley:

What are you favorite orchestral woodwind VST plugins and sample libraries right now, and why? Do you use them in any specific way? Here are my favorites:

CineWinds by Cinesamples

• I know this is a quite old woodwind sample library, but it has such an amazing sound and room tone from the Sony Pictures scoring stage. The legatos are especially beautiful. The short note articulations lack a bit imho, but for melodies and harmonies I still love this library.

SWAM Solo Woodwinds

• This is an acoustically modeled instrument collection, and to be honest the natural tone is not the best, but the expressiveness and playability is amazing if you use a breath controller. I am particularly fond of the flutes, while the lower range instruments are less inspiring to me personally.

I have to say that the woodwind department is where I need to expand my tools the most of all standard cinematic instruments. So let me hear your thoughts my fellow composers. What are you favorite orchestral woodwind libraries and VST plugins right now, and why? =)

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com