Ambient Music feedback

I’m not sure this track counts as ambient music? I really like ambient/atmospheric music so I give it a go now & then. I am disqualifying myself from the contest as this is not a new track but I just want to see if I am on the right track (apologies for the bad joke). I’m not much of a singer but I can hum and with the help of the Interwebs, many plugins and a good mic I created this. Its not my voice completely. I layered it with other elements. Anyway. here goes: https://soundcloud.com/francis-fabian-271591666/ocean-waves I have recorded a whole album of ambient / drone / industrial tracks I called Abandoned Cities but I don’t think they would fall under the ambient heading. (p.s. I already have Output Movement. I have waaaaaay too many plugins to try and hide my lack of talent. Hope it worked.

4 Likes

Hello Francis, great seeing you here, and nice track! :slight_smile:
Indeed this is a perfect example of ambient music to my ears at least. Interesting use of your voice, I don’t know why but I get this “viking age” kind of vibe from the voices. :slight_smile:

Will you have time to do a new composition for the contest (even though you already own the plugin that is the prize)?

I think everyone who makes new music is a winner, as creativity is what it is all about. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks Mikael. It wasn’t just my voice. I used plugins but I’d have to go back to the original Logic file to see how I did it. (I have a very large creative explosion between 2016 - 2017 it has slowed due to my & my mother’s health issues) I can see what you mean by Viking age. My impression is that it an old, wooden ship on the ocean with slight variations caused by the wind & water. At least that’s how I hear it. I will give it a go and try something new.

4 Likes

I think you nailed it with this track. Really like the layering. And very effective use of silent breaks. Guess it was quite a challenge mixing the separate tracks to give each enough space to breathe.

4 Likes

Some amazing layering and texturing. Really like the vocals - also really nicely mixed. Its easy to suffer from plugin acquisition syndrome…

3 Likes

First Welcome Francis :+1:
And Second I agree great layering I am not sure how you done that
Great stuff😎

2 Likes

hello
your track is very interresting , the big pad is very great for ambiant
the break at the begining is very surprising
good job for this composition

2 Likes