Action Contest : the last action

Hello all
here is my try for this contest
not very easy to compose an action track
the tempo is 140 bpm, the isno special key , i use only five note (C, F, G, Ab, Bb)
about the instrument : percussion (damage, epic dhol, taiko, some pulse from evolution dragon and evolution atlantica), brass, string (harmonic, staccato, tremolo), some fx braams, whooshes, rise and boom
there is two part satrt not very intense and at the middle very intense

3 Likes

Cool track Florent! It reminded me a bit of Cris Velasco’s Bloodborne soundtrack. He’s one of my favorite video game composers, although my favorite of his is, “Til Fate Writes My Epitaph,” from the SoulCalibur 5 game, which is a big epic traditional piece. The rhythmic motif of sorts you have in the low strings really holds the piece together well.

1 Like

Florent - nice track. The first half worked very well for me as an action track. Sounds and tone just right. After about 45 seconds, however, it felt as if you could have turned up the heat and intensity more and developed the track to keep from being too repetitive. Good work.

Brandon

1 Like

Well I love the drum programming. It really is a pain in the butt to compose and action track, but this one is one of my favorites for this contest.

The suggestion above that it gets a little “same-y” in the second half is a reasonable one, but you could imagine that, under certain visuals, it could even go on in the same vein for twice as long as it already does. Pro track that could, and probably will at some point, be used in somebody’s project.

1 Like

Very good piece Florent. I agree that the second half is less intense but it could fit perfectly depending on the real video action choosen.
I would love to have a description of the scene to really mentally imagine if the music match with it. I mean is it a chasing, figthting, attack, earthquake…
It sounds good.

1 Like