A lullaby - would love feedback

Genre/Style: Ambient Piano

Creative Vision for the Track: I wanted to create a soothing lullaby. I do not play piano so figuring out the chords was quite an undertaking for me - be gentle :slight_smile:

Composition Details: BPM: 107; Key: D Major

Main Instruments used: Spitfire Audio LABS Modular Piano: Granular Piano

YouTube link:

Hi, Douglas!

Very nice. I liked the sound choice. It made it sound like a rattle or something in a baby’s crib that the child might have in their hand as they nodded off.

I may have used that patch for more of a background and a different, simpler patch for the melody. By isolating the two you could control how much “rattle” or shimmer there is while making sure it doesn’t overpower the melody. Over time I found myself waiting for the rattling to subside.

I also found myself waiting for a clean, melodic resolution. It seemed to wander a little, perhaps seeking it’s own resting place.

Hope that helps!

Stan

Hi Stan - thank you for your feedback. I am currently working with a vocalist on this song and the arrangement and instrumentation is going to be more fully fleshed out. The patch I used had the rattle/shimmer effect baked in – I can, of course, use a more traditional piano and leave the rattle/shimmer effect more in the background – I will make further adjustments as the song becomes more fully developed and cannot wait to post the final version once it is finished (which might take a while)

Hey, Douglas! Hope this message finds you well!!

I wanted to drop you a note here before posting something new. Your idea of a lullaby inspired me to try one myself. No plagiaristic intentions!!

Some things I noticed while jotting it out were:

• Diatonic

• Repetitive

• Triadic harmonies

In my version I expanded the “lullaby” idea into a whole evening of parents trying to put a young child to bed when the child had no intentions of staying there. Even though my “children” are in their 30s I recall many nights like that!!

Here’s the link. Like I said, I’ll be putting this up in a few minutes but wanted to let you know your project was what inspired me to come up with this! Thanks!

Lullaby Little One - Stan Bann (ASCAP)

1 Like

Stan - I am so happy my song inspired you
I just finished listening to yours and love the use of the music box VST
The composition definitely evokes the feeling of parents trying to put a rambunctious toddler to bed

Once again, I am honored that my Lullaby inspired you to write one of your own

1 Like

Again, thanks for your inspiration and comments! Glad you enjoyed my take on it!

Take care! I’ll be watching for your finished one (or next iteration) when you’re ready to share!

Stan

1 Like