I believe all of us have gone through phases in our musical life, yes?
Let’s share some of your background of both music you listened to, and created yourself. What styles, genres, inspiration etc. have you gone through in your life?
Here’s my journey:
- I grew up with classic 80s rock/pop, and was huge into Michael Jackson, Queen, Scorpions etc.
- In my teens I was part of the House/Trance/Electronica movement in Europe, and that’s the first genre I produced myself.
- Then I had a couple of years of classic metal influence, like Iron Maiden, AC/DC etc.
- Progressed into more power metal and operatic metal with Avantasia, Blind Guardian etc.
- Had a 2 man band with a friend creating a fusion we called “Rock Star Dance Music”, which was basically soft metal meets EDM.
- Then in around 2011 I started listening more and more on soundtracks, and that’s when I found my passion for cinematic music. Which is what I currently focus the most on as a composer as well.
PS. I promised to tag @Geoffers so here we go.