Your Favorite Movies and TV Series?

Hello Composers, Mike here! :smiley:

Just for fun, let’s share our favorite Movies and TV Series! Here are mine. =)

Favorite Movies:

• The Lord of the Rings (complete trilogy)
  • Star Wars (original 3 movies)
  • Indiana Jones (the old movies)

Favorite TV Series:

• Star Trek - Next Generation
  • The X-files (original)
  • Doctor Who

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

1 Like

Interesting and fun question :laughing:, as for my favorite movies, there will be several coincidences:

Star Wars (All Live Action Movies): Since I saw episode 3 in the cinema, I was amazed at the movies in the saga and became a fan, in fact, I have more than 40 action figures from the year 2005. And of course, I became obsessed with John Williams’ soundtrack, the soundtrack that most influenced me.
Lord of the Rings: As a kid I didn’t pay much attention to them, but then I decided to see them again, and wow, I loved them, I started researching the middle earth and every time I did my homework I listened to Howard Shore’s soundtrack.
The Shawshank Redemption: what a beautiful movie! No words.
Santo Enmascarado de Plata [silver masked ] (all movies): It’s a series of films of a Mexican wrestler, they’re a classic of my country’s cinema, some are so bad that they’re good :laughing:

As for series:

Avatar: The Last Airbender: I’m looking forward to the Netflix adaptation, I loved that animated series
Mindhunter: I like the theme of exploring the psychology behind dangerous people.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: I just saw it when it was released on Netflix, what anime so crazy, somewhat confusing, and depressing, but I really liked it.

1 Like

Of course you love Star Wars Luis, I can tell from all your compositions in that style :wink:

I’d love to discuss with you how you do these fan/tribute styles of compositions in another thread later. You really have an amazing sound!

1 Like

We all have a lot in common.

Favourite films are

Gladiator
Terminator 2
Back to the future trilogy
Jurassic park

Favourite tv shows

Merlin
Dr who
Walking dead
Friends
Third rock from the sun :smiley:

1 Like

Nice, all those movies are in my top too. And interestingly the soundtrack to all of those movies are amazing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought you’d notice I’m a soundtrack nerd :nerd_face: for me the music is my favourite part after the narrative!! I thank God that way back in 1830 Berlioz made the shift to writing his music in narrative form.

Other notable soundtracks I love include.
Saving private Ryan
Alien resurrection (opening title theme is gorgeous!)
The incredibles
Spirit - stallion of the cimeron (zimmer did awesome job on this)
The new avengers film (Silvestri has just made the orchestra cool to write for again!)
Zulu
Gremlins
And many more! :crazy_face:

1 Like

My favorites in these categories is always changing… as far as film is concerned, the How To Train Your Dragon movies were awesome. The soundtrack A+, the animations A+, the story A+ lol. Favorite TV series is Letterkenny right now. Super funny show. Its on Hulu. I don’t have cable so I dunno if its actually ON tv.

1 Like

Hi, I just came across this post. My favorite movies are all of the Lord of the Rings productions. Ralph Bakshi did an animated version that I only found the first half of a long time ago.

Also, the 'Thin Man" series with William Powell & Myrna Loy is I think, the first time I heard music used as part of a character.

I used to like Dr. Who and the music. Was a big fan of the Tom Baker version and later the Welsh actor whose name I can’t remember. Lately, I really liked the French Crime drama “Braquo” and can’t wait for them to finish the next season. I don’t play guitar, but was intrigued by the music written by Erwann Kermorvant.

Hello
this is a great question but hard to give an answer for me
so as regard my favorites movies :

• back to the future trilogy
  • star wars saga
  • indiana jones saga
  • lord of the ring
  • jurassik park

and for the tv serie :

• star trek
  • x-files
  • the persuaders
  • wild wild west
  • impossible mission
1 Like

Hello. There are so many to like but here are some:

The Macahans
North and South
White fang
Game of thrones
Lord of the rings
Superman with Christofer Reeves
Batman

I’m also a soundtrack nerd. Especially like old Western movies soundtrack with leading strings.

Well,

Movies

1. 10 Commandments (Charleton Heston)
  2. 50 1st Dates, (Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore)
  3. Star Trek, First Contact

TV Series

1. Family Matters
  2. Monk
  3. Person of Interest
  4. NCIS