Your Favorite Movies and TV Series?

Hello Composers, Mike here! :smiley:

Just for fun, let’s share our favorite Movies and TV Series! Here are mine. =)

Favorite Movies:

• The Lord of the Rings (complete trilogy)
  • Star Wars (original 3 movies)
  • Indiana Jones (the old movies)

Favorite TV Series:

• Star Trek - Next Generation
  • The X-files (original)
  • Doctor Who

Sincerely,
Mikael “Mike” Baggström
Founder of professionalcomposers.com

Interesting and fun question :laughing:, as for my favorite movies, there will be several coincidences:

Star Wars (All Live Action Movies): Since I saw episode 3 in the cinema, I was amazed at the movies in the saga and became a fan, in fact, I have more than 40 action figures from the year 2005. And of course, I became obsessed with John Williams’ soundtrack, the soundtrack that most influenced me.
Lord of the Rings: As a kid I didn’t pay much attention to them, but then I decided to see them again, and wow, I loved them, I started researching the middle earth and every time I did my homework I listened to Howard Shore’s soundtrack.
The Shawshank Redemption: what a beautiful movie! No words.
Santo Enmascarado de Plata [silver masked ] (all movies): It’s a series of films of a Mexican wrestler, they’re a classic of my country’s cinema, some are so bad that they’re good :laughing:

As for series:

Avatar: The Last Airbender: I’m looking forward to the Netflix adaptation, I loved that animated series
Mindhunter: I like the theme of exploring the psychology behind dangerous people.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: I just saw it when it was released on Netflix, what anime so crazy, somewhat confusing, and depressing, but I really liked it.

1 Like

Of course you love Star Wars Luis, I can tell from all your compositions in that style :wink:

I’d love to discuss with you how you do these fan/tribute styles of compositions in another thread later. You really have an amazing sound!

1 Like

We all have a lot in common.

Favourite films are

Gladiator
Terminator 2
Back to the future trilogy
Jurassic park

Favourite tv shows

Merlin
Dr who
Walking dead
Friends
Third rock from the sun :smiley:

1 Like

Nice, all those movies are in my top too. And interestingly the soundtrack to all of those movies are amazing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought you’d notice I’m a soundtrack nerd :nerd_face: for me the music is my favourite part after the narrative!! I thank God that way back in 1830 Berlioz made the shift to writing his music in narrative form.

Other notable soundtracks I love include.
Saving private Ryan
Alien resurrection (opening title theme is gorgeous!)
The incredibles
Spirit - stallion of the cimeron (zimmer did awesome job on this)
The new avengers film (Silvestri has just made the orchestra cool to write for again!)
Zulu
Gremlins
And many more! :crazy_face:

1 Like

My favorites in these categories is always changing… as far as film is concerned, the How To Train Your Dragon movies were awesome. The soundtrack A+, the animations A+, the story A+ lol. Favorite TV series is Letterkenny right now. Super funny show. Its on Hulu. I don’t have cable so I dunno if its actually ON tv.

1 Like