Writing A Symphonic Metal Track (Soundiron Session)

In this video Craig Peters walks you through his short composition “Artificial Extinction” showing you how he combined orchestral elements and sound-design with metal. Adding these elements to rock, metal or even pop productions can add a whole new dimension to your music.

The libraries used include: Hyperion Strings Elements, Glitch Hero, Requiem Light Symphonic Choir, Cruiser, Symphony Series Brass and Voices of Rapture.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/32fg3iL

2 Likes

Wow I had no idea you had a metal background Craig @Soundiron, I listened to a lot of metal over the years, and rock/metal is definitely my main influence apart from film music. However I am the opposite, keyboard player with crappy guitar skills lol. :smile:

Great video breakdown of your composition, really powerful sound.

1 Like

Yup! I’ve been playing guitar for close to 20 years now. I spent a lot of my early years playing in bands, recording, and touring alongside death metal bands like The Black Dahlia Murder and Cannibal Corpse. I’ve always loved film music growing up, but metal has always been the style I’m most familiar with. Thanks for the kind words regarding the video! This was a lot of fun for me to make. - Craig

1 Like