Would like some direction please

Hello,

I was hoping to maybe get pointed in the right direction as I’m new to a lot of music stuff. I’ve written some songs, especially children songs and would like to know where I can go to share these songs and hopefully make a little money doing so. I’m checking out SoundCloud/Repost but still have more questions than answers at this point.

I’m also looking to maybe collaborate with someone who has more musical abilities than I do who could take my songs (words and melody) and add other instruments, vocals, etc. but again, I’m new to all this and feel pretty overwhelmed.

Any advice/suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris.

SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music. These are all places where you can share your music with the world. I would advise though not to be expecting to make ant real amount of money with these platforms, as you’d need 100s of tracks and 1000s of plays to make any real amount. Also be aware that you’d most likely need to register your music with a Performance Rights Organization (PRO) like ASCAP or BMI so that they can track usage of your music and get you the royalties outside of Spotify or Repost for example.

It does indeed take a lot of research on your part to know where to go and what options you have.

Matt.

Thanks Matt for the input and reality check.