Work in progress - feedback welcome

Genre/Style: I have no idea

Creative Vision for the Track: I suppose one of my faults is that I begin creating/writing without any direction in mind. I just write. However, I became very emotional while writing this - it made me both happy and sad at the same time.

Composition Details (Tempo, Key, Main Chords etc):
BPM: 120
Key: Am

Main Instruments used:
BBCSO Professional V1, V2, Va, VA Leader, Horns, Tenor Trombone, Trumpets, Renegade Drum Kit

I started working on this yesterday

Everything is raw (no EQ, no reverb, no compression, etc.)

Would welcome your thoughts on what I have so far

Thank you and be well

1 Like

Douglass,

I think you’ve got the building blocks of a beautiful composition, The melody strikes me as stirring- triumph over trials. Please keep going!

Steven

1 Like

Steven - thank you so much. Now I have to get through some writer’s block I have had since writing that portion of the project.

Sounds like a good start Douglas. Could be something a bit uplifting and inspirational. I personally would leave out the drums from the beginning and build up your strings from a melancholy intro, then as you reach to the climax, enter your brass and percussion into a more triumphant sound.

Well, that’s my take on it, anyway. You certainly should do what your Muse tells you😃

1 Like

Matt - thank you for the comments - what I was thinking was keeping the motif that started with the Viola moving through with the brass

I am wondering if it wouldn’t be too boring just having the string chord beds by themselves without any melody after the solo viola opening the song? I will have to try it out and take a listen

1 Like